Anybody have any big purchases planned for the Steam Autumn Sale

Reason for not buying anything on this sale is because these will be available again end of the year and possibly even cheaper. I am noticing deals in the past priced higher this time around on both Steam and Amazon.

ahhh borderlands 2 dlc packs or the witcher 2...decisions

Borderlands 2 DLC is probably going to drop further and more DLC is planned to be released but the Witcher 2 won't have anymore DLC and is 5$ so I'd vote Witcher 2. Borderlands 2 seems interesting but it has way too much DLC so I'm passing until I can get an Ultimate Edition in a few years or something like that. (I have issues with owning games without owning their DLC for some reason)

Ended up getting CS Global Offensive. Not sure if I will activate it for myself though.

Payday 2 looks good, but as they're announcing a DLC seasons pass I think I will wait until that comes up and goes on a greater discount so I can get the game and all DLC.

Wargame: Air Land Battle looks good to, but I am not sure how I will like it. I think it was $13 a few days ago but it is up to $20 now.

This pretty much covers everything you need. :)

Start with SS2Tool and go from there. Most people play with at least SHTUP, Rebirth, and ADaoB. I'd probably do the Four Hundred mod while you're at it; it'll improve the textures even further.

Here's another guide that will help. Don't feel like you have to use ALL of the mods. I like to keep the experience as close to the original as possible, but with improved graphics and bug fixes and gameplay tweaks.

Thanks for that. I've never been much of a modder aside from the Qarls Texture Pack for Oblivion. I've got the SS tool and I'm learning the mods. I was surprised the local game file was only around 500MB.

Before I kow it I'll be playing Fallout 1&2 as well lol

I picked up State of Decay for $10 and can't believe how much fun it is. It's made by a small team, so its got a couple of quirks (like objective overload and a lack of clear direction), but a really good game all and all. It's the open world "walking dead" game i was hoping it to be.

I got Rise of the Triad remake for $5.04, and I got my wife Baldur's Gate EE for $9.99. I was going to get her Morrowind off of the sale, but I just got her the $24 Elder Scrolls compilation instead on Amazon's sales for a Christmas present instead.

CS:GO is all I've picked up. I'll wait till the winter sale for anything else.

I picked up State of Decay for $10 and can't believe how much fun it is. It's made by a small team, so its got a couple of quirks (like objective overload and a lack of clear direction), but a really good game all and all. It's the open world "walking dead" game i was hoping it to be.

Totally agree. Easily one of the best values from the Steam sale.

Surprisingly this is the first steam sale that I havent spent a dime on. Been clearing up the backlog from the summer sale and that has kept me plenty busy.

Still have to finish Borderlands 2, Bioshock infinite, and Dishonored.

Hell, those may carry me through the winter sale too

i bought 2 games which i already owned, skyrim legendary edition 20$ since i didnt have expansions yet, and dragon age origins ultimate 7.49 since i didnt have expansion for it also.

civ5 brave new world for 10 bucks...rounds out all the expansions..will play it for years and years

grabbed endless space gold for 8.74....flash sale 75% off...this includes the recent expansion

best part about these strategy games, they last for years...best entertainment value for your dollar imho

now, if they can get europa universalis 4 with 75% off at christmas, i'm set...betcha they will cuz theres an expansion coming out at start of next year...fingers crossed

best part about these strategy games, they last for years...best entertainment value for your dollar imho

I don't think I've ever played a strategy game for years. Actually I don't think I've ever played any game for years, maybe a couple of racing sims, that's about it.

I'm thinking about picking up Endless Space. I played Civ 5 a little bit and kind of liked it, but I hated how clunky the combat felt with the hexes and such.

How does Endless Space compare?

I actually grew to like the hex combat system of Civ V, you have to be more careful with placement and think your way through combat rather than building the biggest super stacks.

Endless space is a great space 4x game. Combat is simplified in that your fleets just go into battle with each other and slug it out in 3 phases, long range, medium range, and close range. Certain ships and weapons / defenses perform better at certain ranges, but there's also a twist. You have certain tactics cards that you choose in advance for each phase, and they can give you a bonus or give your opponent a penalty, however there are also cards that counter each other to cancel the bonus / penalty. I believe certain technologies and heroes bring more tactics choices later on in the game.

I personally only have a dozen hours in it or so, so I haven't advanced too far in my game. I like the game a lot but my problem is focusing on a single game for long.

I still ended up buying a few.

So far:
Bioshock Infinite
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Spelunky

I'll be proud of myself it that's all I do.

I don't think I've ever played a strategy game for years. Actually I don't think I've ever played any game for years, maybe a couple of racing sims, that's about it.

That's a shame. Your loss ;)

I still play Civ4 with all of the expansions. That turn based goodness is addictive. I also play Civ5 with all the DLC, but it still lacks a little bit in comparison with 4. Pretty close, though.

My haul.

Steam = Zero games
Amazon = Enslaved
GMG = Injustice

Steam can suck my dick.

I still play Civ4 with all of the expansions. That turn based goodness is addictive. I also play Civ5 with all the DLC, but it still lacks a little bit in comparison with 4. Pretty close, though.

yep, the first game I installed after my hard drive crashed and had to be replaced, was civ4...that says it all

I was collecting Steam Wallet funds from selling most of my Steam Trading Cards and some of my Dota 2 / TeamFortress 2 inventory. I collected enough for Saints Row IV and still have leftovers! :D

Finally got myself a copy of FarCry 3

I'll wait a little longer for Bioshock Infinite

Finally got myself a copy of FarCry 3

I'll wait a little longer for Bioshock Infinite
$10 is a great price for a game like Bioshock Infinite. I can't really say whether it will get any cheaper than that in the near future, but I can guarantee you it will go back up shortly. If I were you I'd go ahead and pull the trigger on it and enjoy. The most interesting and captivating game I've played in a long while.

I would wait until they bundle all the DLC at a cheaper price. $15 for DLC is fucking laughable.

This Steam sale was pretty underwhelming. So much of it was indie and early-access stuff I had no interest in. I ended up getting:

Shadow Warrior
Natural Selection II
Metro Last Light Season Pass
Brothers
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon & Call of Juarez Gunslinger double-pack

$10 is a great price for a game like Bioshock Infinite. I can't really say whether it will get any cheaper than that in the near future, but I can guarantee you it will go back up shortly. If I were you I'd go ahead and pull the trigger on it and enjoy. The most interesting and captivating game I've played in a long while.

Completely agree. I'm stunned that $10 isn't cheap enough for some people, given it's such an excellent game.

Completely agree. I'm stunned that $10 isn't cheap enough for some people, given it's such an excellent game.

It was cheap enough for me until I saw the "season pass". I can wait for them to bundle it with the DLC instead of paying for it separately.

That and Bioshock 1/2 were "meh" games in my opinion.

This Steam sale was pretty underwhelming. So much of it was indie and early-access stuff I had no interest in.

+1. I only bought Space Hulk knowing it would probably be average but I wanted to try it anyway. Every thing was either mediocre, something I already owned, or something that was regionally priced too high in Australia.

Season passes put me off buying several games as well.

GMG had a more impressive sale than Steam this year.

I didn't buy much either. I finally pulled the trigger on Hotline Miami for $3 and Fallout New Vegas for $4.

I'm finding Borderlands 2 better than expected, tbh. 30 hours in at the moment, and this game is so much better than the first. I didn't grab any DLC, I'll wait for some bundle sale.

Otherwise, not a great sale. I should have grabbed Shadow Warrior, though.

I picked up TitanQuest. No idea why.

But I put in 20 hours so far and it's pretty sweet

Between both sets of sales (Thanksgiving and Christmas) I added a fair amount of stuff.

To my Steam I added:
X-Com Enemy Unknown
Might and Magic Heroes VI - Shades of Darkness
Defense Grid: Containment DLC
Prime World Defenders
Don't Starve
Civ V Brave New World
Age of Empires II HD
FTL
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
Dead Sky
Shadowrun Returns
Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
Van Helsing Complete Pack
X-Com DLC and Enemy Within
Company of Heroes 2
Bioshock Infinite with Season Pass
Desktop Dungeons
Rogue Legacy
Spelunky

For my kids Steam I added:
Don't Starve
Elder Scrolls V Dragonborn DLC
Dead Sky
Football Manager 2014
Walking Dead Season 2
Shogun 2 Collection
Battlefield 2
State of Decay
Borderlands 2 GoTY
Deadlight
Might and Magic Heroes VI Complete Edition
Total War Rome II
The Witcher 2
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Mark of the Ninja
Brothers

Since there are only a couple of new releases pending that interest me I can lay low until the Spring sale hopefully :)

Back