Anybody going from NVIDIA to the 5700/XT, do you experience more input lag on the desktop?

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
I just replaced my 1070 with a 5700 XT and, after installing drivers and rebooting, input lag on the desktop was noticeably increased compared to before. Yes I removed the NVIDIA drivers with DDU in safe mode. This is more a question of others noticing it or if it's all on my end.

I didn't exactly switch but I got a 5700 XT replacing my 1080 ti, probably temporary. But I am impressed with this card so far.
Can't really replace a 1080 ti tho:)

I've switched between both AMD and NVIDIA pretty frequently and have never noticed any extra lag on the desktop at all. What motherboard are you running?

I run them both in the same system and... no difference on the desktop.
I just replaced my 1070 with a 5700 XT and, after installing drivers and rebooting, input lag on the desktop was noticeably increased compared to before. Yes I removed the NVIDIA drivers with DDU in safe mode. This is more a question of others noticing it or if it's all on my end.

Try a clean install, however you need to do that. Or just burn the latest Ubuntu ISO to a USB stick and boot off that- don't have to install, it should be perfectly responsive on first boot.

If it's not, you have a hardware problem that may or may not be the GPU.

Back