Anybody get their Audigy 2 ZS working in Vista x64 Beta 2?

ScotteusMaximus

Limp Gawd
i tried the beta drivers that creative has on their site, but they didn't even install (6+ months old and made for an older build). the released drivers for x64 professional installed, and windows says everything's working ok, but i get no sound. anybody have any luck?

i can't get my zs to work in vista beta 2 32bit either anyone have a linked to hacked drivers?

Some people on the creative forums have made it work.

well i just luck out and found a fix, install the creative beta vista drivers this will fail restart. when u start vista and get the welcome screen at the top it will say set up devices, click it and it will find you media controler and try to install it, it will ask u for orginal cd put it in and let it do its thing, whatever vista does it installed my sound card and is now working.

Mac[X-D] said:
well i just luck out and found a fix, install the creative beta vista drivers this will fail restart. when u start vista and get the welcome screen at the top it will say set up devices, click it and it will find you media controler and try to install it, it will ask u for orginal cd put it in and let it do its thing, whatever vista does it installed my sound card and is now working.

i'll give that a try after i finish downloading the .iso of the original driver disc. hopefully it works because if i don't get some sound working on my computer, i'm going to have to start studying for final exams =(

Use the XP x64 drivers. Trust me. It works with 5.1 even. What you have to do is to install it. AFter you restart the PC from the installation, install it again (Just click on the executable again. Trust me) after the SECOND restart, if you speakers are hooked up right you should hear the sweet melody of the Windows Start event.

slyven said:
Use the XP x64 drivers. Trust me. It works with 5.1 even. What you have to do is to install it. AFter you restart the PC from the installation, install it again (Just click on the executable again. Trust me) after the SECOND restart, if you speakers are hooked up right you should hear the sweet melody of the Windows Start event.

when i try to run the installation again, it says "you have previously installed drivers without rebooting. please reboot and try again." only problem is that i've rebooted a million times, and i still get that error. oh well, i'm just going to use the AC97 onboard sound until creative releases real drivers.

Back