• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anybody fix digital cameras?

farkedup

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
1,479
Well... my wife dropped the camera and part of the lens popped off and I wasn't able to get it to align back up so I opened it up to try to get at it better and next thing I know its well uh.... worse LOL Something tells me I have no shot at having Nikon repair it now....
 
Depending on the make, it might just be less expensive to buy a new one. That's what I was told when I got a crack in the LCD on my Canon PowerShot SD100. And I didn't even drop that camera 4 inches =\
 
Id be interested as well. I have a decent Sony Cybershot (4.1MP) that just says error. Its the very compact design, and I love it, just dont know whats up. Soo anyone want to fix it? Id possibly give it up if you can;.
 
If it is under warranty, contact the manufacturer. If it is out of warranty, throw it away.
 
Yeah, I do. Been fixing them for the last 4+ years. PM me with your exact problem. I do not charge [H] members except for parts (if required) and shipping.
 
The camera is a Nikon Coolpix P4 and the zoom lens is a 2 piece kind that zooms out. The outer piece popped off when dropped. I tried to simply slide it back on but it kept giving me lens errors and one of the times I tried to align it I ended up pushing the lens all the way in and couldn't pull it out to try aligning again. I had to take the case and stuff off to try to get it back off to try to align it. At this point I've got extra screws and just don't know how to get it back together properly on top of the lens not being aligned! would have probably been fixed under warranty had I not decided to try to fix it myself LOL Its about 5mnths into the warranty so even just getting it back into a condition that I can send it to Nikon would be enough!

PM'ing too
 
Sounds like when it was dropped it jammed the servo some. That and, when you placed it back on, could have done the same thing. Glad to see we have one [H]ard repair guy in here.
 
Back
Top