Anybody else just love having a lot of Hard drives>?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
My wife commented that when my machine boots up, it comes up with a crap load of hard drives as it posts. I told her that I am simply addicted to hard drives. Cant have too many. Hell I have 2 dual drive externals waiting for more hard drives.

Is this normal for someone? :D Or am I crazy?

It does warm my heart to see that on a server. I like my desktop machines minimalistic but I love making the lights dim when I turn it on.

I like those boot screens as well:) MAkes the machine look powerful! :D
I get the same feeling when I see a jam packed case!

But, recently, I'm into efficiency. Less things to go wrong, costs less in energy = more time to live in the outside world, among real people other than the machines :D:D

I like those boot screens as well:) MAkes the machine look powerful! :D
I get the same feeling when I see a jam packed case!

But, recently, I'm into efficiency. Less things to go wrong, costs less in energy = more time to live in the outside world, among real people other than the machines :D:D

Real people? Like this?

My wife commented that when my machine boots up, it comes up with a crap load of hard drives as it posts. I told her that I am simply addicted to hard drives. Cant have too many. Hell I have 2 dual drive externals waiting for more hard drives.

Is this normal for someone? :D Or am I crazy?

I know what you mean. My Rocketfish has 6 slots for HDDs and I keep it full. I considered buying another case (can't remember the name) that had 8 and then buying a Gigabyte mobo with 8 SATA ports or an internal SATA card. But I'm happy with my P6T Deluxe and I doubt I could even fit another card in there right now with the SLI setup...so I'm running an external via eSATA and have a couple of other enclosures that I can connect via USB 2.0 if need be.

However, lately I'm having a mindset similar to XS Janus. I hate to have those drives connected all the time when I typically only access data on a couple of them each day...not only for energy reasons but to minimize wear as well. I'll probably end up throwing the majority of them into my Q6600 rig as a file server and then just running SSD + one large HDD in my main PC. I might pick up two 2TB drives for storage and run my 1TB Black along with one or both of my SSDs.

Back