Anybody else enjoy Game Soundtracks

I absolutely freaking love game music. I have amassed a huge collection over the years.

The remixed Final Fantasy albums are great. Metroid Metal is a unique take to the series music.

C&C Red Alert was awesome.

I haven't gotten as many current soundtracks, then again I haven't played many current games either.

I dunno about original soundtracks, but I've found some enjoyable bands through games and their trailers, like The Black Angels through the Fable 3 trailer. And found that some I already liked did some game soundtracks, like Cage the Elephant doing the Borderlands intro. OSTs are usually designed with the game in mind so don't often stand up well in their own right. Enjoyed learning about Archive from the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser, for example.

I have and listen to the following OST:
Quake
Quake 2
Chrono Cross
Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Also TONS of NES/SNES/PS/PS2 on emulated playback via winamp/xmplay and plugins:
some favorites: Megaman 2/3, Final Fantasy 4/6/7/8/9, Contra 3, F-Zero, Donkey Kong Country
http://www.zophar.net/utilities/audio-players.html
http://www.zophar.net/music.html

I would say, for sure, I enjoy video game music and film soundtracks moreso then other more popular forms of music.

I enjoy the Baldur's Gate music. One of the editions shipped with CD with all the music from the game. It was great.

Man, OP just don't know.....

jQhaC.png

Shiiiet.

Battlefield 2142 theme is my ringtone. I played so much of this game that every time phone rings I feel warm inside.

People around do not recognize the song and think it is some hymn or something :)

Mother fucking Actraiser and shit.

You have won.

LMAO!!

There's actually alot missing, due to a HD failure a few years ago. (Alot of PSX game soundtracks and others. Stuff like Gradius Gaiden OST, FF Black Mages, FF7-9, Chrono Cross, Ninja Gaiden (2002)) Just a pain to try and find everything again, so I just listen to those on youtube, whenever.

You, sir, are not alone. Some of my favorites are:

Homeworld
Total Annihilation
Quake 2
Deus Ex
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Black & White
Dawn of War (whole series)
Alien v Predator (original from 1999)
WarCraft II & III (edit: and WoW)

I played the original Diablo too much to enjoy it now, Tristram is engrained in my memory till the day I die. I have the first Darksiders soundtrack but haven't listen to it much so it didn't make my list. My absolute favorites which I listen to over and over again are Homeworld, Deus Ex: HR, Total Annihilation, and Dawn of War (1st game).

The unreal tournament theme is my alarm clock. So I wake up to greatness!

Half life
Mass Effect
Deus Ex HR
Unreal Tournament

Some of my favorite soundtracks.

Some of the best music I've ever heard came from video games.

To add to the list of great video game OSTs, here's one:

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War - the orchestral music played in this game made AC5 one of my all time favorite games.

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, was my favorite game soundtrack.
"Swamped" Lacuna Coil
"Cain" Tiamat
"Bloodlines" Al Jourgensen / Ministry
"Needles Eye" Die My Darling
"Come Alive" Daniel Ash
"Pound" AERIAL2012
"Isolated" Chiasm
"Lecher Bitch" Genitorturers
"Smaller God" Darling Violetta

Totally depends on the game, but in general yes I am a big fan of soundtracks and primarily scores in general, albeit movie or video game. Some notable favorites:

Mega Man 2 (So Awesome)
Castlevania
Herzog Zwei
Streets of Rage
Mortal Kombat (used to play "The Pit" stage's music over my boombox during Halloween)
Street Fighter
Sonic CD (main song, Sonic Boom, for some reason I loved it)
Duke Nukem (the main theme is just badass)
Most Id games since Trent Reznor did the music.
Assassin's Creed 2 (I still listen to "Venice Rooftops" when I workout)
Mafia (That intro song is so Epic, especially when the Horn kicks in)
Max Payne 2 (Poets of the Fall for the win!)
Unreal Tournament (UT2K4 IIRC) had some cool tracks.
Any GTA

I know I'm forgetting a bunch, not to mention I haven't played too many newer games, but that's just a short, "off the top of my head" kind of list.

Sonic (Sega Genesis)
Jurassic Park (Sega Genesis)
Resident Evil 3
Silent Hill 1-4
Elder Scrolls soundtrack (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim)
Sims 3

Those are a few I can think of at the moment.

I'm surprised so many people listed Diablo 2 but not a single person mentioned Torchlight II.

The TL2 soundtrack was composed by the same person who made D2's sound track. The tracks can be found on Youtube and some of them are amazing.

I was never into game soundtracks until I played Bastion. Now, I typically buy the package deal on Steam when available since a lot of games these days have great music.

The Ys games for Turbografx CD (pc engine) had great soundtracks. Also Gate of Thunder and Lords of Thunder, the latter being good for fans of the heavy metal genre.

Skies of Arcadia also had an excellent soundtrack.

I love the music from Square-Enix heck from alot of games I play, but the most memorable to me was Panzer Dragoon Saga.

I remember listening to the Tribes sound track back in the day... man those were the days!

Had to double check and I currently have 160GB of music. Been collecting them off and on for the past 10 years.

Back