• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Any weekend DC projects for you guys?

DR_K13

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
3,491
Just seeing what you guys/gals are up to this weekend.
I am going to sound proof my farm because its loud as hell. I am going to use some automotive body insulation that i got from work for free.
I am also going to bust out the ol' dremel tool and cut into the side panel of my AMD xp-2200 and make a duct to the cpu for cooler air. I need to OC higher to beat those
Roos
tard.png
. I hope it dosent end up like this-
HBomb54.jpg



what are you Guys doing for the [H]orde this weekend?
 
Well I'm finally taking the time to install and setup a Linux VM so that I can start troubleshooting questions with those clients, and to use as a general learning experience. Trying to ressurect my old 866 P3, but its looking like its toasted....

 
1. Repaired athlon 800 boxen, got it folding again.
2. fix up PIII500E boxen, get it folding (installing OS right now)
3. dropped by local repair shop, made agreement to be his "recycler", and picked up a MSI socket A mobo to fix (bad caps) and get folding soon.
4. wheeled and dealed for more parts to make more boxen

Unfinished business- need to find some pc100 ECC registered ram to finish conversion of Compaq 1600 dual PII 300 to dual PIII 500 for sse boost :)
 
I'm gonna try writing a script to make FAH run on boot on my Slack box. Thanks to your FAQ, DR K13...
 
Hopefully I'll finally get going on fold-server 1.1 stuff. Considering I just woke up, though... I might not get it all done. My todo list will be updated as I get stuff done.
 
I'm gonna be setting up 5 new P4-2.8s at work, installing folding of course, and letting them run 24/7 in the server room. :D

Oldbenwa
 
I spent most of the weekend trying to piece together a new system on newegg. But with so much new crap coming out this summer, it was sort of a waste.
 
MeanieMan said:
I spent most of the weekend trying to piece together a new system on newegg. But with so much new crap coming out this summer, it was sort of a waste.
..? how so? are you in the market for a folding box, or a new box all together (like, a new "system")?
 
Carnival Forces said:
..? how so? are you in the market for a folding box, or a new box all together (like, a new "system")?

New system, which in turn would be a new folding box.
If I wanted to build just a folding box I would have went to ebay.
 
i am finishing up programing my wireless stereo speaker system project for shool... then i am drinking


 
Just pieced together a new boxen (thanks Schmave!) and working on setting up a laptop 150mhz to monitor them via em3 and didnt get around to it, but building shelving for them soon...
 
Putting up shelving That I got on sale at lowes. Then Im setting up p3 boxen tommorow.
 
Irishllama said:
Putting up shelving That I got on sale at lowes. Then Im setting up p3 boxen tommorow.
Congrats on the p3's. What are the spec's on them gonna be?
 
copperfarm.jpg


Rate My Wires!

Kidding.. they are all up and running at least... now that we are number one I can start to play with how i went them set up. i might just buy some shelving rather then making it myself

6 caseless on top and one in a case on the bottom (to the right.. emachine)

then have 3 others not pictured that are working here at home
 
havent really measured the temps... but if i turn the ac off i think it gets at least 5 degrees warmer right quick

its pretty warm when you are leaning over all of them making adjustments etc
 
Ah. You should invest 1,000 Dollars into A Large 1 loop watercooling with like A car Rad.
 
Loving the hard drive on the PSUs.

EDIT: damn second page, was referring to Kodiak's mess.
 
KodiakStar said:
[IMhttp://home.comcast.net/~th_sua/copperfarm.jpg[/IMG]

Rate My Wires!

Kidding.. they are all up and running at least... now that we are number one I can start to play with how i went them set up. i might just buy some shelving rather then making it myself

6 caseless on top and one in a case on the bottom (to the right.. emachine)

then have 3 others not pictured that are working here at home

Nice . I give you a 10


I found a nice rack at Lowes for around $20,
;)
 
I have found a couple nice racks this weekend... not in no stores though.. err ;)
 
This was my weekend project... but not all the parts are here yet. Penguin is shipping me some Intel Windtunnels tomorrow, and the Enermax 550w EPS12v PSU will be here tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I'll be on my way to Pennsylvania for a funeral. :(

Anyway, here's what I have been up to: Folding Beast

Dual 2ghz LV Xeon in a CoolerMaster Praetorian w/ 1GB Corsair XMS PC3200. It should fold quite nicely after I get done overclocking it. :)

DSC01644.sized.jpg


 
mr_ouija said:
This was my weekend project... but not all the parts are here yet. Penguin is shipping me some Intel Windtunnels tomorrow, and the Enermax 550w EPS12v PSU will be here tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I'll be on my way to Pennsylvania for a funeral. :(

Anyway, here's what I have been up to: [L=http://www.strychninetech.net/gallery/Duallie-Xeon]Folding Beast[/URL]

Dual 2ghz LV Xeon in a CoolerMaster Praetorian w/ 1GB Corsair XMS PC3200. It should fold quite nicely after I get done overclocking it. :)

[Iw.strychninetech.net/albums/Duallie-Xeon/DSC01644.sized.jpg[/IMG]




what case is that?
 
mr_ouija said:
This was my weekend project... but not all the parts are here yet. Penguin is shipping me some Intel Windtunnels tomorrow, and the Enermax 550w EPS12v PSU will be here tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I'll be on my way to Pennsylvania for a funeral. :(

Anyway, here's what I have been up to: Folding Beast

Dual 2ghz LV Xeon in a CoolerMaster Praetorian w/ 1GB Corsair XMS PC3200. It should fold quite nicely after I get done overclocking it. :)

Nice stuff. You inspired me to get a Dual Xeon gaming/folding machine when I get back to the US in August. How much did it cost totally?

 
magnusvir said:
Nice stuff. You inspired me to get a Dual Xeon gaming/folding machine when I get back to the US in August. How much did it cost totally?



Dual Xeons: $159
Intel Windtunnel HSFs: $25
Asus PC-DL: $179
Praetorian: $108
Enermax 550w PSU: $123
RAM: $free. I had it already, but it retails about $135 now.
Slap in any HDDs / Graphics card and you're set.

 
makes me mad to have a slow ass dual P3

:mad:



my project "Quiet Farm" went well. The farm is so quiet now. The only thing I can hear is the 4 50mm ( or 60mm , I forget ) fans in the Dualy.

anyone know if some quiet fans that are that small, all I could find is quiet 80mm ones :(
 
i did the quiet thing two weeks ago. switched the (7v) tornado on my hsf for a stealth. temps rose a bit, but it is still fine. i lowered clocks a bit too (~200mhz drop) to keep it cooler. my room gets really hot :mad:

now the loudest thing is either a) the 120mm fan in the PSU b) the 40mm fan on the chipset (that I put there) c) the 50mm (?) fan on the 9700 Pro d) one of the 3 80mm case fans (should probably replace those with quieter ones soon) e) the 60mm fan on the other computer's CPU.

i'm guessing (e), but i'm not sure. i'll have to swap out all the fans for quieter ones:p get a nice quiet CPU cooler for the 900. maybe watercool my main box again, and put the alpha+stealth on the 900. we'll see.

i also started UD this weekend. it works through squid (w00t!) but there's no linux client. so no massive borging fun for me with UD. o well...
 
well, F@H has issues through squid ATM, which is what my internet is tunneled through most of the time. i wanted to see if UD would go through squid or not. it does, but there's no linux client, so i'm probably not gonna put much power into UD. cause i can't (heh) most of the computers i have access to are linux and are behind squid. ergo, i don't get much power from any of them. o well...
 
KodiakStar said:
copperfarm.jpg


Rate My Wires!

Kidding.. they are all up and running at least... now that we are number one I can start to play with how i went them set up. i might just buy some shelving rather then making it myself

6 caseless on top and one in a case on the bottom (to the right.. emachine)

then have 3 others not pictured that are working here at home

Is that my former system, 3rd from the left in the front row? It looks kinda familiar... ;)

Oh, BTW, you're welcome.
 
mr_ouija said:
Dual Xeons: $159
Intel Windtunnel HSFs: $25
Asus PC-DL: $179
Praetorian: $108
Enermax 550w PSU: $123
RAM: $free. I had it already, but it retails about $135 now.
Slap in any HDDs / Graphics card and you're set.



My main rig and the only rig that is folding, was taken down and umodded up to 1.6v for the dual xeon 1.6LV./


I looked at your pictures and it looks like you are going for 1.6 right off the bat. I would HIGHLY recommend you have a fan over the VRM/NB area. HIGHLY.

The temps get really high, like 70C+ high.

But yes the weekend project done and stability stress testing is done, and now i am at 2x 3.2 Xeons for the [H].
 
Back
Top