Any way to tell what's blocking a port?

Decker87

Limp Gawd
Hi. There are several ports that I want forwarded, but it has stopped working! I have opened them all on my router, and windows firewall is off, I don't know what else to check! I don't use zonealarm or any other firewall that I know of.

Is there a way to know why its being blocked?

Disable all your software firewalls (which you said you did) and plug it straight into the "modem". That will at least remove the possibility of the router screwing it up and the ISP blocking the ports (or rather confirm it is them). Be warned however, unless your patched up you can easily find your machine being screwed pretty quickly.

Any other ideas? I can't really change how my network is arranged, sorry. I need the router.

Decker87 said:
Any other ideas? I can't really change how my network is arranged, sorry. I need the router.
It's not to change it permenantly, just to test to see what's causing the issue.

Well I'm around 99% sure it's a software issue on my computer. I say this because other ports forwarded to other computers work just fine. And when I installed all my shit a few months ago, it wasn't like this. So I'm guessing I installed and uninstalled something that's still blocking the ports.

Back