Any way to increase gpu voltage above 1.15v on GTX580?

Postmodum

Limp Gawd
Hey guys ... so today i've been benching the GTX580 Direct CU II in SLi. A friend of mine also bought the card so we are doing some experiments.

At this point, we are using 1.15v at 976Mhz core.
That's the max voltage Smart Doctor and Afterburner allow.

Is there any way of increasing voltage above that limit?

Care with temps beyond that voltage. You're already over 400W through each card with those settings.

Care with temps beyond that voltage. You're already over 400W through each card with those settings.

mabe 750 total system watts with both cards.

here is 434 total system watts with a Core i7 at 4ghz and a gtx580 at 951 / 4389.

I dont know why the link won't work......... Its a hardware canucks ASUS gtx580 review

http://www.++++++++++++++++++++/for...ng-asus-gtx-580-voltage-tweak-edition-14.html

http://www.++++++++++++++++++++/for...ng-asus-gtx-580-voltage-tweak-edition-14.html

Last edited:
just use nibitor. and nvflash. to create a new bios from you own.

That's good advice, but only after he tests the voltage and overclock to make sure it's safe and stable for 24/7 usage. I've flashed almost every nvidia card I owned and never before overclocking and overvolting before hand via software to make sure I was setting safe value to be the bios default.

That's good advice, but only after he tests the voltage and overclock to make sure it's safe and stable for 24/7 usage. I've flashed almost every nvidia card I owned and never before overclocking and overvolting before hand via software to make sure I was setting safe value to be the bios default.

yeah, but that's a little over excessive. I ran a few tests on mine, a week or so of gaming at higher and higher clocks. when I found the point of diminishing returns I created a bios and never had a problem

yeah, but that's a little over excessive. I ran a few tests on mine, a week or so of gaming at higher and higher clocks. when I found the point of diminishing returns I created a bios and never had a problem

I think your misunderstanding what I was saying. The thread title is how to increase his gpu voltage further. You suggested he flash a custom bios right out of the bat. I'm suggesting that, although good advice, OP should run the voltage on his card for a few stability tests before he flashes it onto the card as a 24/7 bios.

I think it would be in a best interest to stability test a voltage prior to making it the cards permanent voltage.. Well you could always re-flash but still.

I think your misunderstanding what I was saying. The thread title is how to increase his gpu voltage further. You suggested he flash a custom bios right out of the bat. I'm suggesting that, although good advice, OP should run the voltage on his card for a few stability tests before he flashes it onto the card as a 24/7 bios.

I think it would be in a best interest to stability test a voltage prior to making it the cards permanent voltage.. Well you could always re-flash but still.

i was saying to go ahead and build a custom bios and flash it, that doesnt mean bump the voltage up right away, but he needs a custom bios in order to go any further than software tweaking would allow him to go, so he wont be able to find out what the best voltage is without having an unlocked bios. he said he had already gone as far as Afterburner would allow. Anything further requires a new BIOS and actually Afterburner wont work after that. He needs to use Nvidia Inspector to change settings after going to a custom BIOS. MSI has stated that their Afterburner program will not actually apply voltage settings to custom BIOSes. Only stock ones. You can move the slider but it doesnt actually change on the card. I ran into this on my MSI 460GTX, Verified with GPU-Z. After changing to custom bios Afterburner settings would not stick as far as voltages. Using Nvidia Inspector they do. Used GPU-Z to monitor voltage while stressing card after using each app to verify.

im more of a NiBiTor link user my self.

but that's just me,whatever works for you go for it,and agreed with the rest watch your temps in a big way and if you can afford it water cooling all the way, it owns.

remember to back up your original bios before messing with it and to keep a 2 peg pci video card around for if the flash doesn't work out

Back