Any way to get radiator fans over 2000 rpm with Corsair Link & H100iv2 AIO cooler?

• Thread starter Deleted member 72990
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 72990

The H100iV2 cooler comes with 2 fans from corsair that run up to 2000 rpm. I replaced those fans with Noctua iPPC fans that go up to 3000 rpm. Using CosairLink, the max fan speed setting is only 2000 rpm, I guess because the fans that come with the unit. Any way to modify this so I can use up to 3000 rpm?

The H100iV2 cooler comes with 2 fans from corsair that run up to 2000 rpm. I replaced those fans with Noctua iPPC fans that go up to 3000 rpm. Using CosairLink, the max fan speed setting is only 2000 rpm, I guess because the fans that come with the unit. Any way to modify this so I can use up to 3000 rpm?
power them manually from PSU so they run max 24/7?

Also these AIOs have terrible flow rates so faster fans have almost 0 impact on temps becuase the water is already cooled in the rad. At best you would get like 1-4C core temp drop. I played around with my H100i GTX and faster fans did virtually nothing.

https://hardforum.com/threads/revie...-using-various-high-performance-fans.1879864/

I didn;t test the stock fans but i know the difference was minimal from stock to these fans. There is improvement but not much.

what SG133 says is true. on my h110i gt with the stock fans on the front and sp120s behind it(yes I know its mismatched) I see no benefit over 1700rpm. the difference is maybe .5c on the block and zero cpu temp diff.

edit I just checked in my corsair link and it goes to 4000rpm(custom curve) so maybe see if you need an update.

what SG133 says is true. on my h110i gt with the stock fans on the front and sp120s behind it(yes I know its mismatched) I see no benefit over 1700rpm. the difference is maybe .5c on the block and zero cpu temp diff.

edit I just checked in my corsair link and it goes to 4000rpm(custom curve) so maybe see if you need an update.

Oh nice, I need to look into that. Not that i necessarily need the extra air flow but it would be nice to have it available just in case. These Notcua iPPC fans are pretty beastly though and not too loud at 2000 rpm. They work great in my HTPC case by just ramming air into everything since they hover right over the middle of the PC.

Odds are, and this is just a guess - the fans really are running at 3k, it's just the scaling on the RPM feedback for the GUI isn't correct. Most of those things just work on a % basis (either PWM or Voltage), and even though your seeing "2000 rpm" in the GUI, you aren't really controlling based off RPM and that's really "100%" in the software, and that gets translated to either max voltage or 100% duty cycle in the PWM. So the fans would be running at full tilt.

Odds are, and this is just a guess - the fans really are running at 3k, it's just the scaling on the RPM feedback for the GUI isn't correct. Most of those things just work on a % basis (either PWM or Voltage), and even though your seeing "2000 rpm" in the GUI, you aren't really controlling based off RPM and that's really "100%" in the software, and that gets translated to either max voltage or 100% duty cycle in the PWM. So the fans would be running at full tilt.

Hmmm interesting - any way I can verify this?

4.3.0.154 is the newest version. it will allow you to set a fixed % or RPM or make a custom curve or use a preset. the max rpm goes to at least 3000 and in a custom curve you can set it up to 4000rpm
upload_2017-1-27_11-41-29.png

4.3.0.154 is the newest version. it will allow you to set a fixed % or RPM or make a custom curve or use a preset. the max rpm goes to at least 3000 and in a custom curve you can set it up to 4000rpm

Awesome! My version is a bit older I think. I'll check it out when I get home later. Thanks!

Hmmm interesting - any way I can verify this?

A tachometer is the easy answer, but maybe not so practical.

If the fan header supports more than one fan, you can put in one new one and one old one, and see if there is a substantial difference in air flow between them. That's less scientific, but at least would give you some idea.

You could see what temps do with old fans vs new fans, that's a bit more objective, but involves a whole lot more variables than just the fan speed your trying to verify.

Back