Any way to change the order of programs that startup when windows does?

Viper16

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a wireless setup, and whenever I start windows, all my programs that require the internet, actually startup before the wireless utility does. This in turn, gives me a bunch of "do you want to start in offline?", "Can not login, no internet connection", and so on. Is there anyway to set the startup sequence to run the Wireless utility first?

Also, I installed a new secondary drive (it is a EIDE and is located on the second Ide channel as a primary), and have a previously installed SATA as my primary. Whenever windows first starts, it stays at the boot flash screen for like a minute or so, I know that it is because of the second harddrive, but Im kind of a noob when it comes to windows...any help on the reason it takes a minute or so would help me considerably.

I hate having more than 2 icons in the system tray when my computer (Network and Audio is all I need to start) which means I hate programs starting up when Windows does. I know you can't change the order but you can disable programs from starting up and then write a batch script to run all the programs you want at once.

Freeware Startup Delayer lets you choose startup launch sequences and add delay times as needed.

Can you not use msconfig (START > RUN > msconfig)? This is where I control all of my applications on startup (last tab). I don't think you can change the order but at least you could disable the ones that start before your wireless and then just manual click them.

Just a thought, but it seems this is the least complicated.

Back