Any way for fan curve of Titan XP to have an idle of less than 23%?

• Thread starter Deleted member 72990
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 72990

The cards are pretty quiet at idle but due to the physics of the blower cooler there is a little bit of noise when it idles at 23%. Is there a way to force a idle speed below that, or to have an auto-off when not under load?

You can use software to adjust the fan curve to your liking. MSI AB or EVGA's Precision. Unsure if Sapphire's Trixx will work.

You can use software to adjust the fan curve to your liking. MSI AB or EVGA's Precision. Unsure if Sapphire's Trixx will work.

I use afterburner for the custom fan curve, and while I can set the curve below 23% (all the way down to 0%), the card will default to minimum 23% fan speed at idle. The 980ti's I just replaced would turn their fan off when not under load.

Might be hardwired to the pcb so the fan's lowest settings is 23%. I dislike those squirrel cage blower type fans. They make too much racket when under load, and still make racket even @ low settings.

You try other software?

the bios prob has a limiter on it. you could look on techpowerup and see if there is an updated or modded bios but I'm not sure if they have bios sig enforcement like amd does...

Might be hardwired to the pcb so the fan's lowest settings is 23%. I dislike those squirrel cage blower type fans. They make too much racket when under load, and still make racket even @ low settings.

You try other software?

Yeah they look like hamster wheels lol. They work great in my HTPC case because they keep the air flowing in the right direction since I have limited fans, but it would be nice, at least for the 2nd card, to idle when not being utilized in SLI. I'm guessing the 23% is hard wired into the card.

I'll keep digging around and see if there's a way to drop the fan speed lower than 23% and i'll post up.

can the bios be modded to lower the fan curve.
I mentioned that but not sure if he has looked...

another way would be to get a mini pwm to regular pwm cable and connect the fans to the mobo and control it that way. I had mine like that for a while then went back to the gpu when I blew the cpu fan header. :( I used to be able to stop them completely and my card stayed under ~35c at idle and while browsing, with my redmod that is.

I mentioned that but not sure if he has looked...

another way would be to get a mini pwm to regular pwm cable and connect the fans to the mobo and control it that way. I had mine like that for a while then went back to the gpu when I blew the cpu fan header. :( I used to be able to stop them completely and my card stayed under ~35c at idle and while browsing, with my redmod that is.

That could work you can get a fan header pwm that pulls power from a molex but has a pwm wire to go to the motherboard to control the speed of fan.

no no just one of these:
the mobos fan header can handle the gpu fan no prob.

edit: I just soldered a pwm plug in-line to the gpu fans so I could switch back and forth. that's another way to do it, if you don't care aboot warranty or dotn have one like me!

Back