Any Vista Business users???

Lyquist

2[H]4U
I am curious are there are any Vista Business users here?? I bought the Business version because eventually some of my clients will be going to it. Eventually I will buy home premium as well because I'm sure I'll see that as well.

We tested it for 1 month at work and then switched all our workstation / desktop machines to Linux. Could not be happier in my opinion.

I regularly use all of the Vista flavors at work. I am not a big fan of them. I've seen them take a reasonably usable PC and make it seem very slow. At home I will avoid it until I have to have it for DirectX10.

I'm using it for home use right now, since it's what my university gives the tech students. Haven't seen anything critical missing yet.

I have it on my laptop, but ill be avoiding vista in general on my main rig until such time as DX10 games start to show, and drivers mature. I also have a few gripes with the useablilty of the thing but thats another rant..

i have it, but im waiting till intel catch up with mother board drivers for sound and fan controls.

I have the copy I got form PowerTogether.com running on my laptop (Core Duo, x1300, 1GB of RAM)--runs great. I've seen Vista running on a wide-range of hardware. I would definitely have to say a gig of RAM and a dual-core processor are more or less the minimum requirements I would recommend.

There's very little difference between Home Premium and Business. The Media Center is the biggest addition that Home Premium has over Business, so unless you need that, or will likely have clients that need help using it, there's little reason to bother picking it up.

I have it on my main desktop. Figured I was going to need to support it so I made the switch. Boss is running it on his main desktop and his notebook too. My notebook is running 2k3 enterprise.

So far it runs fine. Only big issue I have is that I can't get my second video card to work(1x pci express ati 1300). Drivers just don't start. Haven't figured out why yet(just run both monitors off main card).

We are planning to start deploying vista by the end of the end of the year if all goes well. Still some hurtles to get over. Also some clients like the accountants will be off it for a long time as quickbooks 07 is the only one that runs fully off it and they need access to older versions.

I have it on my computer at home (specs in sig). Business was the version I could get free through my university.

I have the Action Pack and that comes with Business. I have it installed on 4 PC's and Ultimate on 1. All are dual core with 2 gigs of ram and 256meg ATI or Nvidia video cards. Also have several PC's on XP still and various Linux distos. All at home, which is where I work.

My main work pc (Vista Business) drives dual 21" LCD's at 1600x1200 just fine and is, so far, way more stable than XP ever was for me. I routinely have multiple browsers open with between 4-8 tabs open in each, a VPN connection into work, XP running in Virtual PC 2007 with a VPN connection open into work, and various "made for windows 95 and NT" Oracle development programs running along with Outlook 2007, and other Office 2007 apps. I haven't had a single BSOD yet or overall system crash of any kind.

I swtiched to it when the Action pack showed up at the end of January and couldn't be happier.

I use Ultimate on my main gaming PC and other than crappy Nvidia SLI support, it's been smooth sailing as well.

I am running Vista Business and Love it no problems whatsoever but I did upgrade to 2 gig of ram, Bluegears b-Enspirer sound Card with Vista driver support and does it sound great. The system is up 24/7 with no BSOD ever but I have been running Vista since November when the first beta were out so i have upgraded over the past 6 months to get the perfect vista experience to avoid the BSOD. I also did a Video card upgrade the old 9200 ATI just wasn't aero approved. I also got the free Business from the Powertogether promo which was a good offer for all who were able to get in on the ground floor before they were filled to capacity with orders. In the past I ran Premium and Ultimate but I have to say I like the Business the best because I would not use the Media part of Ultimate and it just uses up ram. I also enable the admin account that is disabled by default in business and Ultimate which gets rid of a lot of the annoying pop-ups but you are a little less secure, I did not see this choice in the Premium version to get to the user groups to enable the Admin account.

they are giving a copy of vista business away free if you attend their free seminar in carrollton.

I'm running Vista premium along with Office 2007 at work so I can familiarize myself with them in anticipation of whenever I start purchasing computers with Vista business. Definitely went with 2 gig of ram and a decent video card to run Aero.

They're both fairly stable. I've run into a couple networking quirks with Vista though which tells me I better wait a while before moving users to it. A couple times the OS has stalled out on me jumping around on network drives. Plus I'm still figuring out how I want UAC to run in a user environment. I definitely want it on, but want to tweak settings via group policy so I don't get a lot of calls.

I'll be sticking with XP as long as I can still get it. Running it at work has pretty much removed any desire to install it at home. I won't get Vista at home until I come across a game I absolutely want to see in Directx10 mode. Plus I'd like to see the 64bit mature some with driver support because I'd like to go with that and +4 meg o' memory on my next gaming rig.

I think it'll be a good business OS, just need to prepare for the calls from new users.

I have the Powertogether copy as well, and I love it. I have one issue with group policy where it doesn't really handle my redirected My Docs folder, but that's minor for me. I don't know of any "pwer users" who actually use the Documents folder anyway. Everything else seems to work fine, and I haven't had any compatibility issues.

I got a business copy and you know what, Fuck it. I was able to play BF2 for ONE whole day, Half my programs don't run right, Including my TV tuner software, and Business has no MCE. I just ordered a new XP MCE OEM and will install it and try to live with XP for as long as I can.

I have business, home premium and ultimate I only have the ultimate running now on one of my computers. the other six computers will stay XP. So I have 5 versions of Vista just laying around. That is all its good for is book ends.

Same here. Shame they shipped the upgrade version though, which is silly.

At least a work-around for that was discovered.

I found the Office 2007 in the same shipment far more compelling :)

I have the Action Pack and that comes with Business. I have it installed on 4 PC's and Ultimate on 1. All are dual core with 2 gigs of ram and 256meg ATI or Nvidia video cards. Also have several PC's on XP still and various Linux distos. All at home, which is where I work.

My main work pc (Vista Business) drives dual 21" LCD's at 1600x1200 just fine and is, so far, way more stable than XP ever was for me. I routinely have multiple browsers open with between 4-8 tabs open in each, a VPN connection into work, XP running in Virtual PC 2007 with a VPN connection open into work, and various "made for windows 95 and NT" Oracle development programs running along with Outlook 2007, and other Office 2007 apps. I haven't had a single BSOD yet or overall system crash of any kind.

I swtiched to it when the Action pack showed up at the end of January and couldn't be happier.

I use Ultimate on my main gaming PC and other than crappy Nvidia SLI support, it's been smooth sailing as well.

I actually like Office 2007 (minus the Outlook 2007 HTML nonsense and file structure changes).

The ribbon interface makes a hell of a lot more sense than an Icon bar.

However, you really do have to re-learn the products. It is worth it though.

My fear is when the Vista/Office 2007 roll-out happens in 2008 or 2009, the re-training for users is going to be the most extensive we've seen since the move from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95. It's really gonna be something...

I'm running Vista premium along with Office 2007 at work so I can familiarize myself with them in anticipation of whenever I start purchasing computers with Vista business. Definitely went with 2 gig of ram and a decent video card to run Aero.

They're both fairly stable. I've run into a couple networking quirks with Vista though which tells me I better wait a while before moving users to it. A couple times the OS has stalled out on me jumping around on network drives. Plus I'm still figuring out how I want UAC to run in a user environment. I definitely want it on, but want to tweak settings via group policy so I don't get a lot of calls.

I'll be sticking with XP as long as I can still get it. Running it at work has pretty much removed any desire to install it at home. I won't get Vista at home until I come across a game I absolutely want to see in Directx10 mode. Plus I'd like to see the 64bit mature some with driver support because I'd like to go with that and +4 meg o' memory on my next gaming rig.

I think it'll be a good business OS, just need to prepare for the calls from new users.

Back