• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Any video editing workstation build thoughts?

muzicman82

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
78
Hi all,

It's time for me to build a new video editing workstation for the company I work for. Just looking for any hardware recommendations or thoughts. Here's some key things...

  • Build should be Intel based... not decided on dual-Xeon or single Core i7. Thoughts on this?
  • Any good boards with Thunderbolt 3.0 yet? Or is it better to get a Thunderbolt card so it can be upgraded later?
  • I am thinking of staying with the GTX 780 Ti (possibly two, no SLI) for video cards. Quadro cards are fantastic but price/performance isn't so great in terms of Premiere Pro video editing. I realize I can't do 10-bit without Quadro, but it isn't necessary for us at this time.
  • Boot drive will definitely be SSD. Possibly PCIe. Doesn't need to be larger than 256 GB.
  • The last workstation I built had 4x HDD RAID5 array in it on a HighPoint Tech controller card. I could re-use the same card? Or a Thunderbolt external array?
  • I am thinking 32 GB RAM.

Thanks!
 
Back
Top