Any use to pick up a apple TV now? Already have HTPC...

Hi guys,
So what I have in my room is a 46" samsung, connected to my main computer as a secondary monitor and HTPC, but I also have another PC connected to it serving as a file server but can also be used as a HTPC as it's connected video/audio wise as well.

Is there any reason nowadays to get an AppleTV? All my hardware is pretty capable, but in terms of functionality and use, would there be any advantage or disadvantages to getting one.

I already read about boxee, the hacks available, etc, but wasn't sure if there's anything I'm missing or will it just be redundant as I already have everything I need to play the videos and music I want.

Thanks.

I have no idea what you'd use it for if you already have a (real) HTPC..... It's not exactly like the AppleTV was an awesome product in the first place, very limited.

Thanks for the help guys... I figured I wouldn't need it but with the prices on them now... saw somebody selling one for $135 and thought, hmmm... and I know it's an older product (2007) but hell, we still see guys using the original Xbox as a center/player.

Back