Any US Made mobos out there?

Intel CPUs & Memory are made here in the US. Texas Instruments also makes parts here in the US. Barefoot networks used to make chips in the US, I don't know which products use those chips though.

I do pay extra for US made goods. But now I just try not to buy made in China.

Intel makes parts of the CPUs here, but I do not believe that they are actually assembled here. If they do, then US made chips aren't sold in the US but are sold abroad. All Intel CPUs are marked as being made in the Philippines, Costa Rica, or Malaysia. At least all the ones available here. I've never seen chips marked from anywhere else. Ever. I think Intel makes more NAND Flash memory here than anything else. However any electronic item you buy will have parts sourced from all over the planet.

You can talk a big game about buying US made stuff all you want but you can't avoid getting stuff made in China. Part of the problem is that you can't realistically know where every single part in every object you buy is made. The U.S. has intentionally priced itself out of being a country where manufacturing can take place. We have too many laws, regulations and overly powerful labor unions. All of that helps to force the price of manufacturing to reach a point where products can not be sold at competitive prices if they are made here.

Intel makes parts of the CPUs here, but I do not believe that they are actually assembled here. If they do, then US made chips aren't sold in the US but are sold abroad. All Intel CPUs are marked as being made in the Philippines, Costa Rica, or Malaysia. At least all the ones available here. I've never seen chips marked from anywhere else. Ever. I think Intel makes more NAND Flash memory here than anything else. However any electronic item you buy will have parts sourced from all over the planet.

You can talk a big game about buying US made stuff all you want but you can't avoid getting stuff made in China. Part of the problem is that you can't realistically know where every single part in every object you buy is made. The U.S. has intentionally priced itself out of being a country where manufacturing can take place. We have too many laws, regulations and overly powerful labor unions. All of that helps to force the price of manufacturing to reach a point where products can not be sold at competitive prices if they are made here.

+1 ^^^This

That's because it's their newer 32nm CPU process that's made here in the US. Unless you were buying their expensive high-end CPUs you would never have seen them. The plants are new and just recently started/built in the last 2 years.

Intel is also making money renting these fabs out to other companies who are not direct competitors to them who make electronic equipment for the US government.

+1

I'm well aware of this, the best example of this are my assembled in America New Balance tennis shoes. The first pair I bought said it was only made of 70% American made materials. On top of that it's only specific pairs that are like that. That's why I said I try to buy other than made in China goods.

With electronics I try to buy Korean or Taiwanese brands. Because these companies use parts made only in their country and some times from Japan. Even Sony is make some of their products in China now so I won't bother paying extra for their TVs anymore.

The 4004 wasnt was it? That was made in the US right?

Mushkin is based out of Colorado, so they most likely make their stuff in the US. That's only memory and stuff though.

They're probably sourced from china and taiwan. Being CO based is close enough for me, so I try to support them. My previous builds have had Mushkin memory and my SSD is from them as well.

Back