Any upcoming MMO's solo friendly?

dborden

Limp Gawd
HUGE fan of UO back in the day. Last MMO was wow and I quit that about a year ago. I just can't stand the fact that you need to spend like 12389047289374289374 hours to do anything in that game. I hate raiding. I hate coordinating with 40 other people and sitting in a dungeon for 8 hours farming.... Are there any mmo's coming out soon that are PVP orientated, solo and casual friendly, as well as fun?

since last friday i read a lot about Lord of the ring online ... the designer says any kind of player will like the game ... from solo player to the group addict

you should check it out ...

http://lotro.turbine.com/

Darkfall Online.

Heavily based on oldschool UO, no grinding for items that make or break you, FFA PVP, etc.

I saw a "pvp" video for warhammer online and it looked horrible. Looked like some WoW clone where you just point and click and watch your little cartoon char swing his axe.

Darkfall will actually take rl player skill. (FPS/TPV combo)

Martyr said:
are their any fps's coming out where you dont shoot people?
I think there's a Christian FPS where you "convert" people.

while the FPS mean first person shooter , so the genre tell you what youll be doing , MMORPG stand for massive multiplayer online role playing games doesnt imply you need to play with groups all the time... yep its multiplayer ... but its not a MMOGRPG ( massive multiplayer online group role playing games)

From what I've read you can accomplish almost everything on Auto Assault solo. But the problem with it is that nobody plays it.

For WoW I agree with you about the raiding. I've been playing since launch and I don't raid at all because I find it tedious and boring. What I've been doing is playing the 20-29 and 30-39 battleground brackets. It's great for getting on and playing a few rounds at a time and it doesn't take a huge investment to make your characters serviceable at those levels.

You can buy the best items from the auction house for relatively small amounts of gold and you don't have to worry about competing against Mr. "I run Molten Core 50 times a day so therefore I'll pwn you in 1 hit" like you do in the 60 battlegrounds.

Also, it looks like queue times will be a thing of the past with the next patch, as they're adding cross realm battlegrounds.

This is just my opinion / personal experience, so take it with a grain of salt of course, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

dborden said:
HUGE fan of UO back in the day. Last MMO was wow and I quit that about a year ago. I just can't stand the fact that you need to spend like 12389047289374289374 hours to do anything in that game. I hate raiding. I hate coordinating with 40 other people and sitting in a dungeon for 8 hours farming.... Are there any mmo's coming out soon that are PVP orientated, solo and casual friendly, as well as fun?

If you think WoW takes very long to do anything... yeah. As far as PvP oriented, perhaps you should look into FPS games. I've always found the player versus player in those to be unrivaled.

krameriffic said:
If you think WoW takes very long to do anything... yeah. As far as PvP oriented, perhaps you should look into FPS games. I've always found the player versus player in those to be unrivaled.

Personally I like to be able to throw fireballs at other people instead of firing bullets

Darkfall will have the Free For All PVP like oldschool UO. It will have the fast paced fire ball throwing action like a FPS (it is a FPS when using magic and ranged attacks), it won't have the item dependancy and hours of raiding for pretty colored items like WoW.

Since it is FFA, yes many will travel in groups. However, it will have some great sensory clues so you should be able to have fun as solo. I've been following this game for 4 years, and I plan to do most of my playing solo.

Also, it has kingdom building. Players get to create their own kingdoms and guard,defend, and attack territory.

losttech said:
I am waiting for http://www.warhammeronline.com/
Looks pretty good but EA just bought them out so not sure how it will turn out.

warhammer online is not solo friendly. It's RvR for christ sake! You got to work with your entire race as a team to accomplish goals across the entire server. It's not gonna be like WoW where you raid instances. Your gonna join up with your team and siege towns and castles on the oppossing faction, and inorder to successfully break thorugh will require everyone on your team to work together.

Sure there's gonna be PvE. But the majority of the game revolves around huge scale PvP.

You could play this game solo if you like. But then you'd be missing out on soo much.

Back