Any torrent masters in here?

i did that already and its still going at 10kb. I use to download at 100kb+ but i reformatted and lost everything

I know Azureus can do this, not sure about others. Do an NAT test on your port. If it says OK, then your connection is good and the seeders are slow. If it says NAT error you did something wrong.

I rarely get over 30kb with Azureus. Mostly because there are so few seeders. Try downloading a file that has alot of peers. If its still the same try a differnt client. After that if there is still no change then well... i dunno. :D

Forward the ports involved and use a client like Azures and if possible use Magnet enabled sites.

If a torrent has no seeds, well the speed is going to blow.
I recommend using a separate computer for your Torrent needs and just RDPing to it so that it doesn't bog down your machine and you can have many torrents running, since torrents are slow, it's best to have a lot of them.

I got a PM from someone who didn't understand RDP or how putting the download strain on another computer would help, here is my responce to the PM

I ment to RDP to control the downloads...
It comes with all windows XP Pro systems...
It stands for Remote Desktop Protocol
The program is "Remote Desktop Connection"

It doesn't help your bandwidth, but it does help your processor out.

Also you can limit the bandwidth of that computer with your router or some software/hardware solutions.

I do it cause I use my main computer to play games and don't want the CPU buzy crunching Torrents and such. I just limit my other PC to around 300kb/s of my 500kb/s connection. Ping doesn't go up unless you around 90% utilization of your full bandwidth

Back