Any thoughts about this system...

If I were an American, living in the USA, I would probably buy an AMD based system from a dedicated gaming company such as Alienware or Falcon Northwest or even ibuypower.com - but, the thing is, see, I live in Canada.

This means that any computer I buy from a company in the USA will have to pass through CANADA CUSTOMS.

Should something go wrong with the PC then I'll have to send the computer back to the USA, meaning that the shipment will have to pass through CANADA CUSTOMS again, just to get back to the states.

Then, when my computer is shipped back to me, it will have to pass through CANADA CUSTOMS one more time.

Let me explain something. The good folks at CANADA CUSTOMS think that they're doing me a service, basically for delaying my shipment, and everytime something passes through their hands THEY WANT TO GET PAID FOR IT.

My only real option is to buy from DELL.CA
 
My suggestion to you, (and I understand where you are coming from) is buy the 3.0ghz proc, the X850 card, and the 533mhz RAM.


The proc can always be upgraded, along with additional RAM. Get the 850 becuase it is the best card on the market right now, and it happens to be an option for ya.


BTW: Dells are good machines. Granted, they are not OMG-R0X0R-machines, but they do get the job done. And, for those unable/unwilling to build a machine, it will do whatever you want it to do, within reason. Granted, your FPS and benchies will be lower than a custom-built, but you ain't buying a Dell to be on top of those kind of things anyway.

Above suggestion stand. You can always upgrade. :)
 
Back
Top