Any suggestions to brute force into router admin?

chockomonkey

[H]F Junkie
I just got a new TP-Link router based on suggestions I read here. Set it all up, and it's been running great. However, today I noticed that I can't rdp into my home pc any longer. Try to log in to the router admin page when I got home from work, and it turns out my pass, which i've used for ages on my router admin, will not work.

I haven't been using the most secure passwords for my wifi and router, so I suspect someone's been messing with my router. I would really like to get access to it to see what's been changed rather than just resetting it.

The only thing I can find on google is THC-Hydra, but I don't have access to a UNIX system in order to compile it.

Are there any windows alternatives that can brute-force this thing so I have a chance of getting in?

Just reset it as King_Icewind mentioned. What obviously changed is the password...
//Danne

Yep, reset is the quickest way to do it. Once you have it configured again, back up your config and user a stronger password next time.

Yea it's basically too much work (god I'm getting old), so I just reset it and reconfigured.

Better password now, and I made sure to store it in keypass unlike before.

I'd recommend you to update the firmware if you haven't done so or even switch to OpenWRT depending on which model you have.
//Danne

I'd recommend you to update the firmware if you haven't done so or even switch to OpenWRT depending on which model you have.
//Danne

Yea i really should. I'd really like to set up some QoS stuff, and the built-in firmware only has basic support for that.

Before I bought it I made sure that ddwrt will work with it, I've just been that lazy ><

You're on your own using DD-WRT, probably works fine but I've never used it and QoS is one of the things where OpenWRT shines really.
//Danne

Back