• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Any suggestions for this audio problem?

Techfan26

n00b
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
11
Since I've had my powerbook g4, I've used a Y Audio Cable to hook it up to my stereo with no problems. I recently bought a monitor and I have it hooked up to my powerbook via DVI. The only problem is, I now have a deep humming noise coming from my speakers. I tried unplugging the dvi cable from the powerbook and the hum stops. So, I'm assuming the dvi cable is causing it somehow when plugged into the powerbook. Can anyone think of a reason for this? As soon as I pull the DVI cable out, the noise goes away. Thanks.

Also, I unplugged the monitor's power cord and the hum is still there. So, I'm thinking it has something to do with the DVI cable or mini dvi-dvi adapter.
 
Back
Top