Any suggestions for the problem in this event viewer log?!

Danb

n00b
I've been having real problems with my AMD 3800+ X2 system (XP SP2). I've stopped overclocking, but the problem persists.

My PC often gets to a state where it pauses for about 6-10 seconds. Sometime this happens as often as every 30-60 seconds. Eventually, it locks un completely and requires a reboot.

I've tried all sorts of thing, and eventually looked in the event viewer, and found the following:

log.jpg

I think that seems to be the problem - the pattern seems to match what I'm experiencing. Can anyone suggest what's causing it, and how I can fix it?!

My money is on a dying disk. Although it can be anything from bad mobo drivers to flaky IDE chipset.

Does this help: these are the two reports on those log errors:

log1.jpg

log2.jpg

Any particularly recommended way to test my discs? The way I look at this, it might be the discs, or the hardware or software of the controller.

It's an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard.

The way to test the disks are to get the free tools from their manufacturer(s) and run them. I would definitely start with the hard drives.

You need to run chkdsk to repair errors on your drive. chkdsk /f may fix them, but it's a good idea to run chkdsk /r just to be sure.

Back