Any software to stream video from a fast computer to a laptop?

Mak54291

Gawd
I got teamviewer but I can't watch video with this. And I don't think the other similar program can do that. I don't know any anyway. I remember msn was doing that in the past but for video?

All this because my laptop is too slow or bugged to play video from youtube at 1080p or Twicth. The video lag when I watch there. But I got no problem to play 1080p video on windows media on that laptop. So I was thinking to play the video on my fast computer downstair and watch it from my laptop.

Thanks

Shocking that such a modern laptop would have trouble playing 1080p video.

Does 720p play fine? The screen is only 1366x768 so just playing 720p might be a better option.

Shocking to not said kinda of wierd. Maybe a virus if you know what I mean... :mad:

720p lag too. But less than that it doesn't lag.

As far as I can remember, I believe I have test both resolution and 1080p is better than 720p on that screen.

@OP

Post your full laptop specs. Not the model number. Post some temperatures.

Are you one of those people that uses the laptop on top of a pillow or on a bed?

What web browser are you using? Maybe try a different one that supports hardware playback using the GPU.

@OP

Post your full laptop specs. Not the model number. Post some temperatures.

Are you one of those people that uses the laptop on top of a pillow or on a bed?

I can't find the spec on the web.

The temp are ok, I just cleared the fans.

It sit just aside my bed on a chair.

try Plex

I run the server on my desktop/workstation and stream to my phones, laptop and girlfriends computer. It's great having all of your media with you all the time.

Back