any small m-atx cases out there?

evanesce

Limp Gawd
Maybe to look like a mac mini perhaps? I know m-atx is kinda big and all.... =\

Maybe to look like a mac mini perhaps? I know m-atx is kinda big and all.... =\

The mac mini is 1.4" X 7.7" X 7.7"

A micro ATX motherboard is 9.6" X 9.6", so you're not going to get very close to Mac Mini size in mATX. As an example, I found this InWin case that is 12.7" X 5.5" X 10.8": http://www.legitreviews.com/article/549/1/

If you want small, you should be looking at mini-ITX: 6.7" X 6.7". As an example, the M350 case is: 2.5" X 7.5" X 8.2". That's getting close to Mac Mini size.

(Note that I have never tried either of these cases, so there's no recommendation here, I just found them online to get an idea of what was possible.)

If you want to go really small, look at the Zotac Z-box and Nano.

Very tiny, but the performance is net-book like.

Not sure if you have a high budget but there is a guy on the evga forums who makes custom cases, just made me my small form factor case and I cant say enough good about it!

Not sure if you have a high budget but there is a guy on the evga forums who makes custom cases, just made me my small form factor case and I cant say enough good about it!

you got pics somewhere? im thinking about doing a similar thing. would like to see what hes doing so i dont encroach on his territory. :)

Thanks for the great link, and the speed of the reply, wow!

You might want to update the max GPU length in the SG05/06. They can actually take upto 265mm. See the SG05 thread for proof - there's pictures of a GTX680 in one.

You might want to update the max GPU length in the SG05/06. They can actually take upto 265mm. See the SG05 thread for proof - there's pictures of a GTX680 in one.

Well it's not my chart, though I am well aware that it fits ;)

20120423141301.jpg

Hmmm, since i just ordered a 580gtx, i don't think a mini case is going to work for me anymore. Best I can do now is get a micro atx case most closly resembling a mac lol

Yes, but if OP wants something small, mITX is the only way to go. Having said that, the Bitfenix case is quite large for an mITX case. OP, is there any reason you don't want mITX?

ITX is the shizzzzzzzzz OP. both my gaming comp and my htpc/server have been itx for a while now, and i love them. so easy to move around, and rewire, and just awesome because of all the power in a tiny box. plus mitx boards are usually pretty cheap.

Hmmm, since i just ordered a 580gtx, i don't think a mini case is going to work for me anymore. Best I can do now is get a micro atx case most closly resembling a mac lol

There are mini ITX that will hold 580 GTX no problem. If you are willing to do a little modding, it can go in SG05:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036498561&postcount=955

Otherwise it will fit stock in the SG08 which can take a GPU up to 12" long and has power to spare for a 580.

Back