Any small ac adapter to power case fans?

invinciblegod

Weaksauce
I am trying to power my case fans outside computer case. Basically, a few years back, I bought an Gateway XHD3000 30" monitor which was a decision I later was stressed by because so many people had problems with the Altera chip inside the monitor. I fortunately never had any problems until yesterday. Basically, Yesterday all of a sudden my monitor started to flicker uncontrollably. I let the monitor cooldown for a while and it stopped flickering. Right now I have a desktop fan blowing into the vents on the side. However, I don't like having a fan blowing into my face constantly.

I want to glue some spare case fans onto the vents in the back so that it doesn't overheat. Any ideas? Thanks.

I got an old 9V AC adapter from some random electrical device that I no longer use. Stripped the wires, soldered them to a fan header, heat shrinked over the wires (I have heaps of spare fan connectors laying around from all the adapters you get with Noctua fans) and bingo, a 9V fan AC adapter. Works a treat with my Noctua P12.

I dunno how safe it is as far as accidently burning down your house is concerned though :p

Can't you just run a pair of wires from out of your case, plugged into a molex or something?

Back