Any simple games that dont require much graphical power?

sed8em

2[H]4U
I always love a great shooting game with the latest graphics on my beefy desktop, but sometimes I just want something simple to kill time on my laptop when I'm not near my desktop.

Some of my favs include Jets N Guns Gold, Assault Heroes, and Ricochet Infinity.

Can anyone else recommend me any other great games that are similar to these?
(they're all based on the arcade style side-scrolling shooters, arkanoid, stuff like that with better graphics)

Checked out the Warsow screenies, that game looks awesome. When the X40 shows up I'll have to try it out.
Also forgot I had Worms Armageddon, also an awesome low-graphics game.

I play a game called Tibia. If you have the patience to get through the beginning it gets really addicting. I've been playing it for 6 years.

You could always try Defcon, it should run on just about anything.

180px-Defcon_zoomed.jpg

You could always try Defcon, it should run on just about anything.

180px-Defcon_zoomed.jpg

i second this recommendation, also see Uplink for a rather immersive low in eye candy game, also available on Steam for like $10....like Defcon

when i got my 360 and started gaming only on it these were the two games i did play from time to time since i only had a 8600GT vid card

I'll go ahead and recommend anything made by Spiderweb Software, particularly the Avernum series. They're all old school top-down RPGs, and while the graphics and sound are (relatively) crude, the story, setting and game mechanics are all top-notch. The demos are quite large, as well, making for lots of free fun times.

I second this, it runs on my old laptop with a gf4mx perfectly

Your like, the third person :p

Defcon is awesome.

I really think Uplink is one of the best games made. It is ALOT of fun and makes you think. If you like hacking and the subculture, give it a shot. The worst CPU in the game is like 60gigaflops

:rolleyes: (no sarcasm @ game, sarcasm @ cpu ! :D)

Does anyone else have any suggestions for a side scroller or top down scroller?
Those are my fav games from back in the day.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for a side scroller or top down scroller?
Those are my fav games from back in the day.

Did you check out the links I posted above? There are TONs of said shooters on that Independent Games site. In case you didn't:

Aquaria http://www.bit-blot.com/aquaria/index.html
Geometry Wars (on Steam)
Turrican 2002 http://www.pekaro.de/content/t2002/t2002.html

http://www.tigsource.com/ <--- Check out the database on this site, they're rated, you can download directly, etc.

Sorry, shoulda been more specific.
Any more games that look and play like this one:
SmokePlumes-550x.jpg

(that is Protothea for the Wii, but something that looks like it will suffice)

Runescape :-p

Lets see, minimum requirements - 300mhz processor and 64mb of RAM

I think just about every PC in use, no matter how loaded with spyware and malware can run that java based game hehe.

Soldner is ok, but it has very little variety in power-ups. I'd give it a good solid mediocre-with-great-graphics. I think you can find better. There is one by Moonpod games that looks very cool.

Back