• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Any silent peripherals for the bedroom?

SonicTron

Snopes is My Fact Checker
Joined
Mar 9, 2000
Messages
5,894
Long story short I need to put together a nearly silent PC for the bedroom. We don't have a study or additional room for the pc so its going to end up in here, and the lady hates the sound of clicking and clacking and typing in the morning when she is trying to get her zen.

Mouse, keyboard, power, what have you. Mouse and keyboard are definitely top of the list, as close to perfectly silent as possible....searching google and the forums didn't give me what I was looking for.
 
I know this sounds nearly heretical, but a mac mini (with windows 7 bootcamped on it) is a very near silent option. Add the apple keyboard and apple trackpad and you'll you have near totally silent solution. I say "near" because no interactive peripheral is dead silent.
 
Try look into the wacom touch/pen tablets for navigation.

As for silent keyboards, there are the all-silicone/waterproof ones as well as the 'virtual laser keyboards'. Both look like they would be a pain to type on, but would be very quiet nonetheless.
Touch-screen with a software keyboard is another option.

Not completely silent, but much nicer typing experience than any of the ones i've mentioned above are chiclet-style keyboards (asus, emprex, and asus make a chiclet keyboard for desktop use).
 
I hate to say it, but I'm sure the iPad meets your requirements for complete silence.
 
Back
Top