• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Any room to upgrade?

Joined
Jan 6, 2001
Messages
863
So I'm currently using Klipsch Promedia Ultra's with an M-Audio Revolution 7.1 -- it's been a combination that has satisfied me for the past 2 years. :D

Nevertheless, I'm always looking for the next best quality sound, and have been kinda outta the loop as far as Computer Audio within the past year.

My question is: Is there any room for upgrade from my current setup?

I wouldn't really look towards new speakers (I'm pretty happy with my Klipsch's), but more so the sound card.

To help out, I game from time-to-time, but not enough for it to influence what sound card I'd buy. I'm mainly a Music/Movies type of user. I'm upgrading to the SN95G5V3, although I'd highly doubt the onboard will really matter if I already have the M-Audio card. Is there another card out there that might be better for music than the Revolution 7.1?
 
You can upgrade your satellites to klipsch bookshelves as seen in my brother's setup:

47b5d625b3127cce936f8a8ae29700000016108AatnDJo5ZNm


Those are Klipsch B2 speakers - about $200 or so at bestbuy or around $150-175 on ebay.
 
Pinipin, just out of curiosity, how do those Klipsch speakers sound?

My dad said back in the day, they were known for making good speaker........... but I have no idea.

The cheapest I could find locally was 300$ a pair which had the orange color woofer...
 
imo, tower, if you like the neutrality of the b&w's, you probably won't care for the klipsch...

they still do make good speakers (although not as good as 'back in the day'), but you have to like the way the horn tweeters sound... some people love them... i personally feel as if they are screaming at me...

as always, imo... :)
 
I feel that they sound very good. They image well and have very good midrange. They are excellent for the 120 I paid for them (and gave to my bro.).
 
Pinipig523 said:
You can upgrade your satellites to klipsch bookshelves as seen in my brother's setup:

47b5d625b3127cce936f8a8ae29700000016108AatnDJo5ZNm


Those are Klipsch B2 speakers - about $200 or so at bestbuy or around $150-175 on ebay.

Interesting....something I could look into -- any other suggestions? :)
 
Back
Top