Any Reviews on Gainward 6800 GT?

Iceman_IX

Weaksauce
I've noticed some issues with Gainward concerning their 6800 GT but it still looks quite attractive to me. I had originally thought to want an X800 Pro (preferably with a custom cooler) but have since decided that the 6800 GT is the way to go (Xbitlabs and all other benchmarks point to its superiority, even though the HL2 benches aren't out yet).

Are there any reviews for the Gainward 6800 GTs? All I've been able to find is the CoolFX 6800 Ultra reviews. That dual fan cooler looks nice but if I order one and don't get one or it's loud as all hell I'm only gonna have a peice of shit $400 card that can run Doom3 real pretty-like.

I've been wanting to buy a gainward from zipzoom. But I'm holding off until I can confirm whether or not the damn thing will ship with copper and dual fans or if it's just going to be a reference design board instead..

zipzoomfly advertize the one that have Dual copper fan, with copper heatsink, but the damn thing require 2 slot like the Ultra. I don't know if you really want to wait for this, since it might be gone by the time you decide to get it. They are in stock now. For $425 is not a bad price. Atleast zipzoomly don't jack up the price like newegg.com.....Yet :p

Back