Any Recommendations for TV Tuners?

TheWheyMan

n00b
I bought an MSI tuner and was very displeased with it; couldn't get it to work. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a cheap PCI TV Tuner that i could watch tv and hook up consoles too. Thanks for the help

K. My experience is that many of the older TV tuners sometimes don't work with the W2k or XP systems because there aren't any drivers.

I would first look at ATI's tv tuners. Give me a moment and I will see if I can make a recommendation as to which one.

Then I may say look at Pinnacle but there software tends to be a little buggy or at least not smooth in operability.

Like whoa, wheyman, such a hurry you are in.

ATI TV Wonder VE

ATI TV Wonder PRO

Both of these also have the option of coming with a remote. I think the VE can be found for around $50, for me that's cheap, for you I dunno, you didn't specify a budget but for any decent TV tuner that's gonna be about how much it will cost.

The TV Wonder VE doesn't have a S-Video hookup if that's how you want to connect your consoles. The Pro does though. Lezzie here...but it does have composite in.

I'd get the leadtek winfast deluxe.. it's like 42.00 bucks on ebay and is generally considerd teh champ of the lower end tuners (as in it is better than the ati)

If it's got WinXP drivers, go for it. I bought 2 off Ebay a while back and got one partially working from hacking another companies drivers. I was pissed, went out and got the AIW 9800 Pro.

Originally posted by Disco_Stu_04
Like whoa, wheyman, such a hurry you are in.

ATI TV Wonder VE

ATI TV Wonder PRO

Both of these also have the option of coming with a remote. I think the VE can be found for around $50, for me that's cheap, for you I dunno, you didn't specify a budget but for any decent TV tuner that's gonna be about how much it will cost.

I just want to post my grief with the those cards, They are just horrible for sound, you have to physically patch them through with a patch cord, and then set up your linein for mic, okay after that whenever yoy change a channel you get this LOUD FREAKING BEEP! Louder then the TV sound is! Sheesh!

Look for something that can route the sound by it's self

chalk up another vote for the Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP "Deluxe"
(though the new "expert" model looks even better)

Has anyone had any problems with XP drivers for the Leadtek? Has anyone hooked up consoles to it with no problem? Thanks.

i have the leadtek, never had a prob with drivers, i used to have a playstation hoooked up , which worked good, and i am now getting a sat box upin my room to be run through the comp.

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeyAndy
chalk up another vote for the Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP "Deluxe"
(though the new "expert" model looks even better)

a lot of ppl have said this card is good, and i did have no problems with it on a previous win2k install, but on this latest win2k install i tried to install the winfast software and it just crashes my system every time i triest to install the drivers. so i cant use the stupid thing .. bleh :rolleyes:

Back