Any recommendations for extending 3G/4G LTE wifi coverage?

idyll

n00b
I'm helping my friend extend wifi coverage in his home. The only kind of internet he is able to get at his location is the Verizon LTE service, so he purchased a "Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot."

A few of his computers are located about 150ft away from where the Mobile hotspot is located. For those computers, I got him to buy Alfa AWUS036H USB network adapters and they have worked fairly well but he tells me lately they have stopped disconnecting at random times.

Is there a 3G/4G router he could use with the "Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot" he already bought or any other options available to him?

Thanks!

If he aware that Verison has hardmount Installs for Home users in some area? Have him investigate.

I'll mention it to him. He lives in a strange area and nothing else is available to him. He's been to Verizon a few times to see what the best option would be in his case and the Jetpack device is what they sold him.

Have him look into Verizon HomeFusion. Basically a high-gain external antenna/LTE Radio that extends to a WiFi router inside using Cable-TV Coax (MOCA).

I'll mention it to him. He lives in a strange area and nothing else is available to him. He's been to Verizon a few times to see what the best option would be in his case and the Jetpack device is what they sold him.

Sometimes you have to know what to ask for...

I went with MetroPCS and T-Mobile no contract plans because the phones have wifi calling. No phone service hotspot needed, just plain old wifi.

Have him look into Verizon HomeFusion. Basically a high-gain external antenna/LTE Radio that extends to a WiFi router inside using Cable-TV Coax (MOCA).

Looks like it's not available at his location :(

"Sorry, HomeFusion Broadband service is not available at this address."

...he tells me lately they have stopped disconnecting at random times.

I'm confused- isn't it good that they've stopped disconnecting? Or are they completely disconnected?

Have you done any kind of site survey to check for interference?

The cheapest and possibly easiest method is to use Internet Connection Sharing built-in on most Windows machines. Connect a machine via wireless to the jetpack, then connect a router's WAN port to the ICS NIC.

I'm confused- isn't it good that they've stopped disconnecting? Or are they completely disconnected?

Have you done any kind of site survey to check for interference?

The cheapest and possibly easiest method is to use Internet Connection Sharing built-in on most Windows machines. Connect a machine via wireless to the jetpack, then connect a router's WAN port to the ICS NIC.

My mistake, meant to say they've started disconnecting at random times.

Back