Any reason to upgrade?

Nirad9er

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
3,035
Is there any reason for me to upgrade from a 4870x2 considering Im running a 26" monitor at 1920x1200? I play most first person shooters. Looking forward to BFBC2, Bioshock2, Assassins creed 2, etc.

I know there is the 5870 and 5970 out now. I've had my 4870x2 since it came out and I've been able to max out every games I play. Why are people always hungry to upgrade to the latest and greatest when there aren't really any games that need the extra power. Its seems like people are just wasting their money with no benefit beyond already being able to max the game out before they upgraded.
 
^^^ me too

I wonder what did you have before the 4870x2 that made you upgrade to the latest and greatest GPU last year?
 
No. Next year should bring a few more DX11 games and maybe then you might want those features.
 
Why are people always hungry to upgrade to the latest and greatest when there aren't really any games that need the extra power. Its seems like people are just wasting their money with no benefit beyond already being able to max the game out before they upgraded.

Some need the power to run higher res than you.

What you did is got hungry and upgraded to the latest and greatest when there werent any games that needed the power. It seems you are just wasting your money with no benefit beyond already being able to max the game out before you upgraded.
 
Is there any reason for me to upgrade from a 4870x2 considering Im running a 26" monitor at 1920x1200? I play most first person shooters. Looking forward to BFBC2, Bioshock2, Assassins creed 2, etc.

I know there is the 5870 and 5970 out now. I've had my 4870x2 since it came out and I've been able to max out every games I play. Why are people always hungry to upgrade to the latest and greatest when there aren't really any games that need the extra power. Its seems like people are just wasting their money with no benefit beyond already being able to max the game out before they upgraded.

If you care about heat,smoother gameplay DX11 then yes. Performance wise your ok for the games you listed.
 
Back
Top