Any problems running both Norton and AVG?

Kev

Limp Gawd
Would I run into any problems running both AVG and Norton anti-virus? I have a friend who installed Norton over McCaffe(sp) and had huge problems. Has anyone done this?

may i ask why you would want to run both? i mean if you already have norton why not use it. avg is good and all but surely something you (presumably, as in not one included with a mobo) paid for would be better than a free thing

Originally posted by tim
may i ask why you would want to run both? i mean if you already have norton why not use it. avg is good and all but surely something you (presumably, as in not one included with a mobo) paid for would be better than a free thing

Actually I commonly find that AVG finds viruses that Norton doesn't, and AVG repairs virus's that Norton can't. I've never seen it happen the other way around either. Plus AVG seems to use less system resources, and doesn't tend to entangle itself everywhere in Windows. Sometimes the free programs are just better.

I hardly ever get viruses. I check the log of norton, and its usually empty. Now once and a while I get a hit from Norton and its email, but thats usually around the time that a major virus is burning its way through the interweb.

Where do you guys get all these viruses?

Cheers,

Oh sorry, didn't answer your question. No you shouldn't get any problems. McAfee and Norton don't like each other I know that, because they share some files.

AVG and Norton don't if I can remember. I have had both installed on a friends PC, and they both worked.

Cheers,

Thanks for your responses all. I always like to have two layers of protection on my pc. I have spybot and adaware so I figured why not try both.

Back