• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Any opinions on this possible PC Setup

xtremerpr

n00b
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
7
Hey guys I’m new on this forum and I am planning on building a new SFF PC and wanted some opinions on the parts I have planned out so far. Here is what I have in mind:

1. ASPIRE X-QPACK-BLUE
2. BIOSTAR TForce6100-939 Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX
3. AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core
4. XFX PVT70GUDF7 Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16
Video Card - Retail
5. Antec NEOPOWER 480 ATX 480W or if I have enough $$$ would prefer
the OCZ Powerstream 520W
6. For CPU either the ZALMAN CNPS7000B-CU 92mm or the ZALMAN
CNPS7700-CU 120mm if the 7700 fits in this case then I prefer the
7700.
7. Need advice on which memory between these would work best: OCZ EL
Platinum Revision 2 1GB DDR 400 or OCZ Gold Revision 2 1GB DDR 500
or any other suggestions would be appreciated but hopefully not too
much higher as far as price.

That’s it so far I’ll be using a Seagate 120GB sata harddrive that I have for now later I’ll upgrade that too and I have 2 dvd burners nec and plextor sata if either fit then I’ll use one of them. Thanks for any help anyone can give me in choosing.

PS: I don’t plan on overclocking for now and the PC will be for gaming occasionally and multi tasking
 
you want to make sure you have or use a PSU that is no more than 5.5 inches deep and an optical drive that is no more than 6.7 inches deep. Otherwise things get real tight real quick.

Look at the Swiftech MCV64X cooler. Thats what I use in mine XPack it fits no problem.

If you overclock or plan to eventually, get the PC4000 if not just get the PC3200. The PC4000 will allow you to overclock the processor without needing to run the memory on a divider.
 
The LiteOn drive is extremely shallow and I cant recommend it enough. Although, my Antec PSU at 6" BARELY allows my optical drives to fit.
 
Even if you could afford the Powerstream 520, it wouldn't fit. It's too long. I would have used this power supply had it fit.
 
Back
Top