any opinions on new Lian Li case with EK WB kit?

Discussion in 'Cases & Case Modding' started by x509, Nov 6, 2019.

1. x509

x509 [H]ard|Gawd

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RN9GVFJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sF-pDbNDYA47E

According to the Q&A, the hard tubing is set up for selected ASUS Intel motherboard and RTX Reference designs. Metal used is aluminum, not copper.

I have not done a water-cooled build before. I can't decide if this case is the answer to my dreams, a nightmare in practice, or simply a not-worth-it-don't-bother.

2. vegeta535

vegeta535 2[H]4U

IDK haven't really heard many good things about that setup. I was thinking about getting it myself but the aluminum used turned me off. I decided to get the XL and move/update my current custom loop with hard tubing runs. Will be the first time I do hard tubing.

3. D-EJ915

D-EJ915 [H]ard|Gawd

I would purchase a standalone and part it together yourself for better results and guaranteed to fit and work for your components.

4. AthlonXP

AthlonXP [H]ard as it Gets

Its not bad as a 1st time setup. Any RTX 2080 or RTX 2080ti that uses the founders edition layout will work. As for motherboard basically any Z370 or Z370 Asus would work. I helped my building build a machine with it a few months back, they also sell this kit at Microcenter if one is near you. Overall if you do not do any extreme overclocking its a nice setup, more for looks then performance but is dead quiet.

5. notarat

notarat [H]ard|Gawd

I'm currently building a new 3950X-based system in the Lan Li O11 Dynamic.

Just as an FYI, be careful if you decide to use a liquid-cooled 2080/2080Super/2080Ti video card because the height of the card can (and in my case,does...) prevent the side glass panel from attaching.

I have a way around that problem...vertically mounting the video card and modding the back of the case to accept the video cables...but that just adds time and complexity to the project I wasn't planning for...

I could have replaced the Gigabyte WaterForce 2080Super with an air-cooled 1080Ti or the Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT I have, but I really wanted the 2080 Super in this build so it looks like I'll be modding the case to cut part of the back panel out...