Any one self Employed?

Wrench00

2[H]4U
As the title says.

My First year after getting downsized. I just did my year end. Tough year.
Any one else want to share self employed stories?

yes, it sucks, your boss is still an asshole (har) but at the same time its really whatever you make of it...

I work just hard enough to pay my bills and thats it, I could probably be making more money if I worked more hours but honestly, I'd rather enjoy my life

I'm self employed / a student.

This is my second year of freelance writing, and taxes are going to suck :(. I do have more expenses this year as well as a home office, but I think I'll still have to pay. Also, this year I'll be making enough to have to do estimated taxes afaik, which still confuses me a bit. Basically, being self employed and getting to choose my own work schedule is great, until the couple of months around tax time :).

yes, it sucks, your boss is still an asshole (har) but at the same time its really whatever you make of it...

I work just hard enough to pay my bills and thats it, I could probably be making more money if I worked more hours but honestly, I'd rather enjoy my life

Pretty much this. Expect to do more work for less pay. I'm lucky enough to be doing something I would be doing anyway, now I just get paid for it. So its not that bad. I make enough to pay for gas and food while I go to college.

My company makes good money but I don't. 2 years I need to make a profit before I can pay out dividends.
I honestly despise dealing with the gov, I am afraid of missing in tax payments.
I do work stupid long hours but some of the stuff I get to do is pretty damn cool.

12.5 years ago, never looked back. We support small business networks. Some clients have been there since the beginning. Huge responsibility, but fun. No giant corporate swamp to deal with- just the people who OWN the place. You're part of their team and they appreciate you.

Money? It's good ;) , but you earn it.

12.5 years ago, never looked back. We support small business networks. Some clients have been there since the beginning. Huge responsibility, but fun. No giant corporate swamp to deal with- just the people who OWN the place. You're part of their team and they appreciate you.

Money? It's good ;) , but you earn it.

Yeah I do similar stuff, Most of my clients are Public tho. Yes huge responsibility and a lot of stress but then again this is my first year.

Just going down this road in earnest this year. Agreed with Wrench. The Self-employment tax is total BS. Luckily, one of my best clients is a wonderful accounting firm that genuinly wants to see us do well, and so is very open with ideas and thought on taxes,etc.

Back