any one know off any how to guides?

im looking for a how to guide on how to repair a subwoofer, my subwoofer has been making this strange rumbling sound when it hits certain bass lines, i was wondering if any of you know of any sites that provide some information on reparing the speaker.

thanks.

What kind of subwoofer? What are you playing when it is making these noises? Could you describe the problem in a little more detail?

Realisticly, it could be any of a number of things. The bass settings could be pushed up and the sub is over exerting itself at certain frequencies, the amp could be clipping, the voice coil could be going. There are a number of things, so I don't know that a genaric repair guide would be of much good. This forum has a wealth of information, I sugest you take advantage of it.

Check to see if some wires are stray inside and touching the cone. Where you connect the speaker wire to the driver, check the little leads that go into the cone. Make sure they are connected correctly.

Check the insulation around the driver that seals the surface between the driver and the enclosure, sometimes its hard to tell exactly where a noise is coming when listening real close to a subwoofer.

This are my speakers , its my subwoofer making a ratling sound when it hits certan bass lines, example when i use winamp or any other mp3 player. i allready tried tweaking around the sound options, volume controls, checked to see if everything is pluged in right, but if i put my hand on the hole of the side of the speaker box and kinda cover the hole the ratling goes away. i tired puting something inthere but the bass just blows it out.

id hate to replace my whole speaker system just because of the subwoofer, and buying a replacement sub would probably cost way more than what i paid for the speakers in the begining, thats why i would like to try and fix it.

Maybe take off the amplifier plate on the back and see if you can see anything noticable inside.

Back