Any of you large line Guru's live in MN

Status
Not open for further replies.
$BangforThe$ said:
So wrong . whats grammer got to do with it. Everytime someones says there going to build a small bore system. Big bore boys jump in and start pushing there gear. This is not a flame bait your using a red herring to confuse the issue. If someone has a quetion about a small bore system that isn't related to big bore don't bring it up. It is not I who is flaming got a mirror mister english professor.
I wish that I could respond to your post, but unfortunately, I don't have a clue WTF you are trying to say. sorry. And don't mistake my post as one of those big-bore supporter posts either -- It isn't. I hate people on both sides of the fence who blatantly run their mouths with no forethought.

$BangforThe$ said:
So wrong . whats grammer got to do with it. Everytime someones says there going to build a small bore system. Big bore boys jump in and start pushing there gear. This is not a flame bait your using a red herring to confuse the issue. If someone has a quetion about a small bore system that isn't related to big bore don't bring it up. It is not I who is flaming got a mirror mister english professor.

The problem is usually the other way around IMO. However lately most people have been trying to actually stay on topic and recommend systems to people which would best suit their needs, rather than simply suggesting one type or another. This forum did go through a stint with certain people trying to hawk their wares, but hasn't been doing that much lately.

As for what does grammar have to do with it? A lot more than you would think. Even in professions where you wouldn't think english and communication skills are very important, they are. For example the number one complaint employers have about engineers is their lack of communication skills. In any type of environment the inability to coherently convey a point is a show stopper. There have been scientists who have lost credit on discoveries because they weren't good enough at presenting their observations and had to have someone else do it for them.

On an internet forum it really hurts your credibility if you can't seem to get a grasp of the english language. For someone who lives in Japan or another foreign country and doesn't speak English natively it is understandable. However if you are simply too lazy to put any effort into your typing it not only makes it hard to understand what you are trying to say, it wrecks your credibility.

Again well stated . The problem is to many poster don't read the entire thread. They jump in and because they didn't read all post . Something that was stated in another post. The author is already past that point and doesn't cover certain points that were already covered. I think you know what I am saying . But to be honest and not to detract from your statement . I see a lot of grammer errors posted and I never feel the need to mention it because it is often used as a red herring to detract the thread.

$BangforThe$ said:
Again well stated . The problem is to many poster don't read the entire thread. They jump in and because they didn't read all post .
I'm no dunce who posted just for the hell of it -- I have read every post in this thread.

$BangforThe$ said:
Something that was stated in another post. The author is already past that point and doesn't cover certain points that were already covered. I think you know what I am saying .
what are you trying to say? I still don't understand what you posted here one bit (along with the rest of your posts which were hard to understand) -- who is this author you speak of (yourself? Don't post in the third person
rolleyes.gif
) What is this 'point' that this author you speak of is past? What are these other points that are not covered? Who has not covered them?
Maybe if you use some damn paragraphs and used more than half framed sentences, it would make sense to people other than yourself.

$BangforThe$ said:
But to be honest and not to detract from your statement . I see a lot of grammer errors posted and I never feel the need to mention it because it is often used as a red herring to detract the thread.
After reading through some of your other threads, I highly doubt your ability to catch any grammar & spelling errors other than those of 12yr old n00bs who write in all caps with lots of numbers.

I think the two quotes in Erasmus' sig sum things up nicely for this thread:

"Don't ask for opinions if you don't want them. Now play nice or I set the forum servers on fire." -- In regards to your stupid thread topic (which is completely hypocritical, since you started a thread about big-bore vs. small-bore competition, and then later said that you don't like people doing that)

"I predict many flames directed at the way you managed to completely sodomize the english language." -- In regard to your absolute ineptness to post something that resembles a sentence. While I applaude you using more periods in your last post, jesus, get a high school english book and skim through it or something.)

I think this thread needs to be closed, as it does not contribute one bit to this forum

Derrick70 said:
what loop do you want me to pull my temps from?

normal_DSC01542.JPG

ROFL D. i think your picture just about sums up the biggest problem with this "test"; virually no two H2O systems are alike and as such you really cant make a direct comparison between them.

Even though my grammer is really BAD . I think I been very clear on that .

Temps taken befor they go into Rad and temps after rad . If rad is doing its job efficiently . That temp should be constant on any well designed rad setup.

the temp going in to rad . If above statement is correct which is a simple thing to understand. the inlet temp. would show the better more efficient set up . I was referring to an intel set up in my wifes case so it would no doubt have higher inlet temp than an amd set up and in her case everthing that can be cooled is colded other than memory.

now even though the 2 values will be differant in two systems .if you take the total system power useage and enter that into the formula and use % to formulate you should be able to equate which system is more efficient at removing heat.

Or we could really make it simple install 2 identical air cpu's onto the cpus . Get onboard sensor reading . Reinstall the water blocks. Using only those in the loop. Than get the onboard sensor reading than use % as formula and that would easily show which is more efficient. What part of that idea is bogust?

I live in apple valley and can bet the farm on it. my wife is hotter than your hottest girlfirend, i have a bigger tv and a faster car than you. o yeah and my computer is cooler than yours. hehe

Well I am I 54 year old dog and when we were young not bad not bad at all . If you want to race cars with someone who has been racing for 35 years your a fool .

Water can only cool so well and thats not the discussion . The discussion is this rather vague idea that large bore pwns small bore simply a false statement.

If your system is = to mine in efficiency I applaud you. :) Apple valley do you know Steve Murgic

So you're saying that small bore pwnz large bore? Interesting hypothesis...
I'm really tempted to set up a test rig here, and have the big bore group and the small bore group send me ideal systems that cool the same things and see which one gets better results, but since there really isn't a good way to test them accurately, I won't.

So basically you just want to compare radiators? Temps before the rad and temps after is pretty much down to just comparing radiators for the most part. How do you compensate for people with different processors? How do you compensate for 1 or 2 GPUs? How do you compensate if the chipset is also being cooled? 1 or 2 or 3 fan radiators...or better yet... multiple rads? Seriously this is an impossible task!

What you're asking doesn't make any sense. This thread should be locked as it really is pointless and has become a flame war.

Anime_Fan said:
So basically you just want to compare radiators? Temps before the rad and temps after is pretty much down to just comparing radiators for the most part. How do you compensate for people with different processors? How do you compensate for 1 or 2 GPUs? How do you compensate if the chipset is also being cooled? 1 or 2 or 3 fan radiators...or better yet... multiple rads? Seriously this is an impossible task!

What you're asking doesn't make any sense. This thread should be locked as it really is pointless and has become a flame war.

I have already made all of those points in the very start of the thread. He doesn't seem to get the idea though.

I agree that this thread really isn't going anywhere.

This thread is analogous to calling someone out to the playground after school and comparing foot size to determine who's going to kick the other's ass. Immature, pointless, and bound to generate uselss data.

$Bangforthe$, I suggest posting a thread regarding controlled testing methodology, developing said methodology, and THEN inviting others to compete. It is apparent that your proposal is not gaining traction because yes, it is terribly flawed.

As for this thread, I see it going downhill, time for a mercy kill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back