Any Objections To This Monitor?

falconxxxpunch

Limp Gawd
ASUS VW246H

Looks pretty good, but I can't find too many reviews. Can you guys confirm that this is a solid monitor?

Thanks in advance?

By the way I'm going to simultaneously use this for PC gaming and Xbox 360 gaming.

Well it is 1900x1080 so you lose 120 vertical pixels, and I don't know if that is what you would perfer, but most 24" monitors are 1900x1200.

When you're reading HardForum you've got to scroll more to view the whole thread.
I would say this is the most important one :p

Well, basically you are losing 120 vertical pixels for no reason, you could get a 24" panel @ 1920x1200 for the same price. The only advantage of 19x10 is when watching 1080p content you will have no black vertical bars...

I would say this is the most important one :p

Well, basically you are losing 120 vertical pixels for no reason, you could get a 24" panel @ 1920x1200 for the same price. The only advantage of 19x10 is when watching 1080p content you will have no black vertical bars...

Also if you plan on hooking up an xbox360 or ps3 you dont have to worry about scaling issues.

Some people say your losing pixels but on average these 24" 1920x1080 monitors seem to cost less than 24"1920x1200 monitors, so technically you aren't losing anything cause you are paying less for it.

ASUS VW246H

Looks pretty good, but I can't find too many reviews. Can you guys confirm that this is a solid monitor?

Thanks in advance?

By the way I'm going to simultaneously use this for PC gaming and Xbox 360 gaming.

There is a problem actually.
Most games at last are including options for widescreen but mostly only for 16:10 like the 1900x1200.
For games to run in your monitor at the native resolution of 16:9 like the 1900x1080, they have to support it.
You may run into trouble with most games, like not being able to run at your LCD native resolution.

I have the web cam version of this monitor (VK246H). It's a very good monitor. Nice colors, great response time, and nice overall look of the monitor. Also, my PS3 looks great on it using the HDMI connector.

So is the lack of 1920 x 1200 a deal breaker? I'm spending nearly $3000 on all this stuff, and I want to save money, but if its going to hinder the quality of my gaming I'll try to find something else.

Built-in speakers are crap, they are worse than a tin can connected via a string. My Soyo Topaz has them but I don't dare listen to them, fearing that I would die a swift tinny-sounding death.

Built-in speakers are crap, they are worse than a tin can connected via a string. My Soyo Topaz has them but I don't dare listen to them, fearing that I would die a swift tinny-sounding death.

Hehe I know :) but since he is connecting his xbox presumably via hdmi it could come in handy..
I use my z5500 for everything..

So far I have yet to find a game that wont do 16:9. Looks like a fine monitor

I just received my BenQ E2400HD today and it's fantastic. I'm getting the Ergotron Neo-Flex LCD stand to go with it.... should get here in a couple days.

Back