Any new NF4 Shuttles?

DaveX

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm probably going to summer CPL with my DoD clan and I'm not going to lug my current watercooled PC there so I want to build a SFF system to bring. I haven't been keeping track of the SFF area lately and would like for you guys to recommend one to me. Most importantly do they have any NF4 ones out yet? I would like to get it in combination with a PCI-e X800/6800 series graphics card and probably a E0 revision Winchester. Not in a huge hurry, CPL is still many months away. Thanks.

The SN95P is coming out in a little over a week. It is socket 939 and has a PCIe slot.

It might be hella expensive and have some issues.

But I think I'll be getting one regardless the conditions. ;)

bobsaget said:
The SN95P is coming out in a little over a week. It is socket 939 and has a PCIe slot.

That would be the SN25P, not 95P, you are getting it confused with the only other shuttle socket 939 the sn95g5. You are correct however, it should be releasing shortly, although imo the thing is damned ugly, I wish they would make the P chassis look more like the G series, at least the face plate area that is. The innards of the P chassis are nice though, and the larger PSU is a big plus.

bobsaget said:

Errr its the SN25P and here is some pics I guy took that got his already in Europe, bastard.

SN25P for some lucky bastard

Anybody know what kind of onboard sound these things will be packing?

DaveX said:
Anybody know what kind of onboard sound these things will be packing?

Apparantly something VIA, they bought out an audio company. Apparantly its 24bit as well. Either way, im getting an Audigy in mine, no onboard for this boy.

IceWind said:
Errr its the SN25P
yeah, sorry... I'm too used to typing SN95G5 :D

Thanks for the link IceWind! Some nice pics in there. ;)

What do you guys think the initial price will be on these things? Do you think they will be hard to find?

Thanks

The sn25p will probably be around 450$ at least when it comes out judging from the first P series release. The price should slowly come down to around 400 is where the P series chassis usually sell. Who knows you might see it as high as 500 when it first comes out. Availability can only be speculated on, but I think shuttle has said they should be widely available by april, so give it about a month or so after the paper release to get around in quantity.

Those old black Shuttle XPC's for P4 still look the best IMO. The new ones don't look too bad I guess :) . $400 is a bit much though :(

Back