Any new information on Sapphire's Flex, Toxic, and Atomic cards?

Teenyman45

2[H]4U
At the end of December and the beginning of January, there was that potential "leak" of news about the Flex, Toxic, and especially Atomic cards. However, unlike the XFX BEDD and Gigabyte's triple fan cards which followed with steady news until the official release, there has been no further news on the Sapphire cards.

I might be going for triple display in then near future and this would help me plan accordingly.

Yeah, I've been curious also... was looking at that 6GB model...

Out of the 4 possible Tahiti voltage bins:

1.1750V - up to 75% quality
1.1125V - 76-80% quality
1.0500V - 81-85% quality
1.0250V - 86-90% quality

No one has reported having a 1.0250V card. That seems to suggest they are stockpiling those chips for the ultra overclocked models and for the 7990 as well. Give it time and info should trickle out as cards start getting validated and moles in assembly lines start spilling the beans.

Out of the 4 possible Tahiti voltage bins:

1.1750V - up to 75% quality
1.1125V - 76-80% quality
1.0500V - 81-85% quality
1.0250V - 86-90% quality

No one has reported having a 1.0250V card. That seems to suggest they are stockpiling those chips for the ultra overclocked models and for the 7990 as well. Give it time and info should trickle out as cards start getting validated and moles in assembly lines start spilling the beans.
Since we know the 1.05v can only add .1xx voltage before it errors out, wouldn't technically amke teh 1.025v a "worse" overclocker ?

is it .125v? so the 1.05v can handle up to 1.13v?

I have a 1.025 Asus reference card. Can only get 1075/1525 because all of the aftermarket utilities (even Asus Tweak) have a minimum voltage setting of 1.170 which crashes my card!

I have a 1.025 Asus reference card. Can only get 1075/1525 because all of the aftermarket utilities (even Asus Tweak) have a minimum voltage setting of 1.170 which crashes my card!

I don't know what you're talking about. Afterburner lets you undervolt down to 0.8V
I have both my cards 77.7% and 81.6% quality, clocked 1100/1500 (I like round numbers) in crossfire at default voltage 1.1125v . I haven't really tried to stress them much over that 'cause I've been busy at work and performance is good enough for the time being.
undervolt.jpg

There is also a difference between the voltage you set with the OC utility and the actual voltage delivered due to vdroop. Here is a shot of mine running at full load:

gpuzwe.jpg

And lastly afterburner is broken if you use Unofficial overclocking: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4235797&postcount=46

Unwinder said:
Damn. Just nailed down the problem, new "shiny" AMD's official PowerTune adjustment API silently resets PowerPlay tables causing clocks to be reset when unofficial overclocking is in use...

Back