Any MosterGecko PistolMouse users here?

Matrox462

Gawd
I've been thinking of getting a PistolMouse, as seen here . It just sounds too fun to hold an actual gun and actually pull a trigger, to not try it. Their site is running a special and the mouse is only $19.99. :eek:

I've read reviews saying that the scroll wheel is a little too sensitive, and the secondary button is a little difficult to push. Other than that, people seem to love it. Anyone here actually own one? Is it good enough to play competitively, or is it more of a novelty than a true gaming mouse?

I'm wondering if any retail stores carry it, or if I have to order it through their site. I know EBGames used to carry it quite a while back, but it's not on their site anymore.

They had one set up at my local Futureshop (Best Buy) on a machine playing BF2. I tested it for about 2 minutes and have to say I'm not at all impressed with it. Its just an optical mouse with a big ugly plastic pistol on it. You still have to drag it back and forth on the desk without lifting it - very unintuitive. I couldn't get used to it.

/me still considering getting a Copperhead

Seems like more of a novelty, and remember that just about all of the optical/laser mice get their sensors from the same company so saying one is supierior than the other is kinda pointless. So consider something besides a copperhead too.

Jonjolt said:
Seems like more of a novelty, and remember that just about all of the optical/laser mice get their sensors from the same company so saying one is supierior than the other is kinda pointless. So consider something besides a copperhead too.

Well, I already have an MX1000 laser mouse which I use for gaming, and love. I'm not looking for a new mouse, just happened to be intreaged by this one.

Wait that thing is a mouse? I thought it was for something like dunk hunt!>? :confused:

Jonjolt said:
Wait that thing is a mouse? I thought it was for something like dunk hunt!>? :confused:

lol, it's a regular USB optical mouse, except it's shaped like a gun. This allows you to have the feel of holding, and pulling the trigger of the gun, and it supposedly allows easier side to side movement writh your wrist. You'd still move it as if it was a regular mouse; you can see a video of it in action here.

Back