Any mods for the Hyper 212?

samm

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone mod the Hyper 212 Evo?

The list of mods I know of is:

1) Push and Pull Config (which results in 1-2 C improvements).

I was thinking of taking off the Stock fan, and replacing it with a Enermax Twister 120 MM fan. It max RPM is 3500 I believe, which is quite a step up, but before I tinker, i`d like to know if anyone has seen any noticeable improvements with the mod I`m suggesting.

With the itch to tinker I have gonna ridick on fans:

1) 2 frontal 120mm fans
2) 1 rear exahust fan
3) 1 side panel exhaust fan

LOL, since my case has a old school fan control switch, I turned off all my fans except the hyper, and stock temps only elevated 1-2C during idle and underload.

Instead of spending money on fans, why dont you just buy a better heatsink?

Instead of spending money on fans, why dont you just buy a better heatsink?

The fans free lol, so I was wondering what to use it for. I can either put it as an additional chassis fan, backup, or repalce the 212 sock fan

Just try the fan and see if you like it? You don't need someone else to figure this out for you if you already have the new fan.

You won't see much of any improvement from the high speed fan. I put a 3500 RPM Gentle Typhoon on a 212+ Back when I was running a Phenom 2. I gained all of 1 more degree cooler temps versus two Coolermaster fans in a push pull config and the noise increase was ridiculous. That particular heatsink just doesn't have enough fin area or density to make use of airflow beyond a certain point.

You won't see much of any improvement from the high speed fan. I put a 3500 RPM Gentle Typhoon on a 212+ Back when I was running a Phenom 2. I gained all of 1 more degree cooler temps versus two Coolermaster fans in a push pull config and the noise increase was ridiculous. That particular heatsink just doesn't have enough fin area or density to make use of airflow beyond a certain point.

Just try the fan and see if you like it? You don't need someone else to figure this out for you if you already have the new fan.

The reason I ask before I mod, is to gather experiences of whether the task is worth it. Thanks to Gman1979, I guess its a waste time. As much of an itch I have to go modding, I`d also like to be efficient.

Water cooling is the logical next step, but I`m overly cautious with introducing liquid near the system, so aftermarket air is the furthest I`d like to go with my system.

I dunno if I'd call switching out a fan, a "mod".

Personally, I'm pretty damn content with my single CM Blademaster 120 fan.

But, I have considered switching it out for a Noctua NF-F12 etc.

I guess I'll do it once this fan finally dies....

Closed loop or all in one water coolers are quite nice. Consider a lightly used one maybe if the purchase price for new is too high.

Closed loop or all in one water coolers are quite nice. Consider a lightly used one maybe if the purchase price for new is too high.

I love some of the setups people have including AIOs, but again I see it as a routine maintenace type that has a chance to due ruin a system if not upkept well. Aircooling is more hands off, install it and forget :) Some of the refurb deals are amazing, and even some of the new ones, but still

I love some of the setups people have including AIOs, but again I see it as a routine maintenace type that has a chance to due ruin a system if not upkept well

FYI there is NO upkeep or maintenance on AIO closed-loop systems, other than replacing it every 3-4 years, but you normally to do that with most fans too....so I don't really see an issue there....

Unless you know something I don't and you care to share it :D

I haven't touched my AIO cooler since installing it early last year.

Though I do wish I could somehow mount the radiator outside of the case.

FYI there is NO upkeep or maintenance on AIO closed-loop systems, other than replacing it every 3-4 years, but you normally to do that with most fans too....so I don't really see an issue there....

Unless you know something I don't and you care to share it :D

Intel heatsink fans 12 years still running strong
Case fans have never been replaced or even cleaned more then 1-2 twice in 12 years as well on my oldest desktop

Newer case fans and stock intel or amd cooler fans same thing, never touched since the day they were installed.

My definition of upkeep is basically install and leave it be. On my new build, the only reason Im switching fans etc is cause I basically got a couple of them FAR. So instead of saving them for a rainy day 12 years from now thought I`d use them in a cooler mod.

Anyways I think the thread has served its purpose, so thanks for the input everyone :)

I've installed my AIO and left it be. *shrug*

Seems to fit that definition of "upkeep" just fine.

Back