Any legal windows 8 iso downloads?

Andrew_e1

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello,

My school sent me my win 8 enterprise license key...however, to download I have to be inside the campus and i'm currently away from the city.

Are there any legal download sites for the iso? like the ones from digital rive/win 7?

I saw the MSDN trial but it states that it cannot be activated to fully retail version... which is lame.

The school should have been able to download an ISO and make it available to you.

My school sent me my win 8 enterprise license key...however, to download I have to be inside the campus and i'm currently away from the city.

Are there any legal download sites for the iso? like the ones from digital rive/win 7?

What Enterprise key? Enterprise is activated via KMS only and doesn't need any key.

And since Microsoft conveniently provides SHA1 checksums of all images, _any_ download will do. Just verify it.

What Enterprise key? Enterprise is activated via KMS only and doesn't need any key.

And since Microsoft conveniently provides SHA1 checksums of all images, _any_ download will do. Just verify it.

What? Not really familiar with KMS but the email I got was basically

"Here's your windows 8 enterprise key - XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX-XXXX"

They gave me 2 options..... download a 5 mb installer and get win 8 pro, or go to the school and request a physical dvd for the enterprise version.

Since I'm out of the city I can't go to the school.

Is the RTM the same as the final version? I know its "release to manufacturer" candidate but I just wanna be sure it wont expire and that it gets its updates properly.

I'm running 8 Enterprise on my personal laptop, and it does need a key if you don't have access to KMS. It can be activated with the slmgr -ipk command.

What? Not really familiar with KMS but the email I got was basically

"Here's your windows 8 enterprise key - XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX-XXXX"

They gave me 2 options..... download a 5 mb installer and get win 8 pro, or go to the school and request a physical dvd for the enterprise version.

Since I'm out of the city I can't go to the school.

Is the RTM the same as the final version? I know its "release to manufacturer" candidate but I just wanna be sure it wont expire and that it gets its updates properly.

Sorry my fault, I forgot about MAK activation.

Looks like you need this:

File Name: en_windows_8_enterprise_x64_dvd_917522.iso
Languages: English
SHA1: 4EADFE83E736621234C63E8465986F0AF6AA3C82

Googling the hash should come up with some options.

Sorry my fault, I forgot about MAK activation.

Looks like you need this:

File Name: en_windows_8_enterprise_x64_dvd_917522.iso
Languages: English
SHA1: 4EADFE83E736621234C63E8465986F0AF6AA3C82

Googling the hash should come up with some options.

gotcha, thanks!

Hello,

I saw the MSDN trial but it states that it cannot be activated to fully retail version... which is lame.

download the 90 day trial iso, then you can put in your key to activate it.

Why and how is your school able to give out free enterprise keys?

download the 90 day trial iso, then you can put in your key to activate it.

Why and how is your school able to give out free enterprise keys?

I read about the enterprise trial not being able to be activated...

Regarding the school thing giving out keys... I don't know? some kind of microsoft arrangement? It's always been like that. We also got a Win vista ultimate and win 7 enterprise when they came out.

Afaik this is quite common in colleges?

not heard of it in uk, if its normal for usa it seems generous. In the uk instead I think is student discounts.

On my enterprise trial I am using in my VM there is an option to enter a new key, similiar to how can change keys on windows 7, so I assume one could use a full key on it. The trial iso is fully featured and I suspect no files missing, it just defaults to a 90 day activation key.

Back