Any LANs in Raleigh, NC?

MadFlava

Limp Gawd
I just moved to Raleigh from Dallas and have been looking unsuccessfully for any LAN partys. Anyone know of anything going on around Raleigh?

there should be some lans in Raleigh but im not sure. I remember hearing somone talk about driving to raleigh for lans, but I'll ask around and try to get back to ya on that.

BTW: theres some lan centers in greensboro if that helps, about a 2 hours (give or take) drive from Raleigh.

I can try to find some links of greensboro lan places if you want them.

Cool.. I prefer privately run LANs over ones at a LAN center as Ive found that the privately run ones seem to be more fun. I've run several LANs myself in Dallas where we rented LAN centers for the day for our own use, though and those were pretty cool too.

I built a nice LAN rig just to take to LAN partys right before I moved out of Dallas and Ive never even take it out of the house. It needs some use!!

Thanks!

flat4 said:
NC is really dead on lans.

yeah tell me about it lol...ive been in greensboro for more than 10 years and the frag-house is probally the first lan center I ever seen here. and they just put up the frag-house this summer
:(

I was just checking into the CS:S beta and there's supposedly a cyber cafe on Hillborough St. I've never been myself, but I'm a NC State student so I may go check it out after class on Wednesday.

Dijonase said:
I was just checking into the CS:S beta and there's supposedly a cyber cafe on Hillborough St. I've never been myself, but I'm a NC State student so I may go check it out after class on Wednesday.

http://gaming.thetek.com/ im guessin this is the one your talking about :)

I saw that listed as well.. might have to make it up there and see how it is. I really wanted to attend some sort of organized LAN tho.. we used to have LANs from guys off of my Counter Strike servers and it was a blast.. hell, even DFW Frag and Gaming Geeks, where I didn't know anyone, was still a hell of a time.

i think NC is 10 years behind then everyone else. hey bad_boy lets just go ona road trip to a lan or somethin.

dope i was just reading about Armageddon. im down to go to that if i have a car by then u down bad_boy?

There are a lot of LANers, just no organization ;). Sometimes some of my buddies have been known to throw something together here and there.

I attend the Carolina Gaming lan Party and I reccomend those guys.... Great buncha people..... If you guys do go, Tell'em BioHazard.89 sentcha :p

BioHazard.89 said:
I attend the Carolina Gaming lan Party and I reccomend those guys.... Great buncha people..... If you guys do go, Tell'em BioHazard.89 sentcha :p

Got a link?

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
I'm moving to NC tomorrow morning! From Michigan.

Ellerbe North, Carolina 28338

not a good idea. ;) what main city is it near? i have no idea where that is.

Back