• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

any known fix yet

Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
591
on my system running xp64/win7 x64 with an XFI Fatality Pro I get nothing from my mic besides noise and static, if I scream into it I can faintly hear myself,..

I took the XFI and put it in my other box on XP32 and it works fine..

specs

Abit I35 Pro
6G PC1066
Q6600 @ 3.4
8800GTS 512

I've tried all the latest drivers, tried the PAX and other supposed fixes but nothing seems to work

any idea's??

Ojibewa..
 
Did you run the driverinstall in admin mode?

I have a X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion and have no problems in XP Pro 32bit, Vista Ultimate x64 or Windows 7 x64 build 7100.
 
it's crazy but I got it working, no matter what I did, I think the XFI card is stuck in the line in mode and not switching over when the mic is plugged in.

so what I did was install the XFI and drivers, rebooted, enabled the onboard sound, then in the sound setup I use the XFI for output and the onboard for input for the mic..

works perfect and with no background crappy noise either..

strange but whatever works..

I took it a little further and removed the XFI card and put back in my Audigy 4, everything works as it should, mic/line in so I decided to leave it in and removed the onboard..

RMA time for the XFI
 
Back
Top