• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Any issues with 5870 yet?

well I got the first defective card

returned it to frys and luckily they had another xfx for me to switch.

Now I'm running in 5870 beauty microatx style :)

DSC00543.jpg
 
well I got the first defective card

returned it to frys and luckily they had another xfx for me to switch.

Now I'm running in 5870 beauty microatx style :)

What was your defective one doing?
 
So were any of you guys running Nvidia on Win7 and then switched to ATI? Just curious on the bet way to clean drivers if its really needed.
 
So were any of you guys running Nvidia on Win7 and then switched to ATI? Just curious on the bet way to clean drivers if its really needed.

I'm running Win7 64 bit RTM and I simply uninstalled the Nvidia drivers, shut down, installed new ATI card, booted up and installed ATI drivers. Working great so far <knocks on wood>.
 
So were any of you guys running Nvidia on Win7 and then switched to ATI? Just curious on the bet way to clean drivers if its really needed.

I have switched back and forth between a 4870 and a 9800gtx+, (or 250 as it is called now), and used both at the same time, (4870 for rendering 9800 for PhysX), on Win 7.
Win 7 seems to have no problem with doing that sort thing. With switching back and forth, Vista did not either. Cleaning out the old drivers prolly can't hurt, but I don't think it is really needed on Vista/Win 7.
 
Back
Top