Any interest in a large Wisconsin / Illinois LAN?

Fleat

Gawd
I have gathered a group of four individuals along with myself who are interested in hosting a large LAN party in the Midwest region (Wisconsin / Illinois border near Lake Michigan). We would like to have 100+ gamers in attendance, and this will require a conference room or ballroom to be rented. We plan to have tournaments, other gaming events, and a large raffle for participants. This will be an 18+ event as we would prefer a more mature crowd, and would like to avoid dealing with waivers.

We have a location in mind at a local university that offers a symmetrical 1 gigabit connection with the capability of seating 250 people. We would probably be shooting for November or around there. I plan to pull from the local colleges as well as advertising locally. We have had several smaller 35-50 person lans, and I think we can pull many of those people in for this lan.

I am posting here to see if [H]ard members have any interest in attending. I am also planning to create a Kickstarter for this event once we see some basic interest in it.

Great, as soon as we start formalizing a lot of the information about the Lan I will make sure everyone that posts here is up to date on it.

If you are still planning on having the event I am sure I could talk some people into coming out with me

Ooh! Ooh! This sounds interesting. Never been to a true LAN, just kind of huddled up with friends at houses.

Lemme know if you need some generator fed power distribution units. 200 amp breaker with 15 amp outlets all bolted to a dolly.

Wow, lots of replies. The plans are still on, but may be slightly delayed depending on availability of the location.

We will play a large variety of games (BF3, CS:GO, SC2, Dota2, LoL, etc.). We could also set up a poll to see what kind of games people actually want to play. We would definitely need some quality PDU's. I think we have the network gear covered.

I am going to be parting my main rig this week. Ill be sure to get some pics of the dolly for you...

Back