Any i7 mATX rumors yet?

Pnanasnoic

Limp Gawd
Do you think there will be a worthwhile i7 mATX board released within the next 6-9 months? A p55/g55 chipset mATX mobo must be in the works somewhere. I just figured I'd ask if anyone's heard anything. Thanks guys ;)

A slide popped up a while back with a model name (LP JR X58-T3H) for a new LanParty board. The JR in the model suggests mATX and it's going to be based on the X58 chipset.

source

Excellent! Thanks for the info RonindeBeatrice. I wonder what Asus and Giga are working on...

I believe that was the DFI LP JR X58-T3H, I've also seen some pictures of the new Shuttle X58 mobo floating around. Would really like to see the layout on the DFI board as well as the color scheme though.

we'll prolly need the P55/G55 or whatever intel decides to call them before mATX i7 really takes off. I can wait though.

Anyone else hearing about i7(maybe i5) mATX ?
I'm putting off a new SFF box!! lol Thanks :)

Still gonna be awhile, at least a few months hence why I changed my mind waiting and decided to build my C2D mATX, glad I didn't wait.

sorry to dig up a old thread but..

http://vr-zone.com/articles/dfi-lp-jr-x58-t3h6-microatx-board-details/6299.html?doc=6299

Just found this on vrforums :D

DFI is preparing a microATX board based on Intel X58 chipset slated for release in January 2009. The PCB is black in colour and has 4 layers measuring at 245x245mm size. With 6 phase digital PWM design, it supports the LGA1366 processors from 4.8 to 6.4GT/s QPI. There are 6 DIMM slots on the board to allow up to 24GB DDR3-800/1066/1333 memories and two PCIe x16 slots for 2-way SLI and Quad Crossfire.

Other features include 1 x PCIe x4, 1 PCI slot, 6 SATA ports configurable with RAID 0/1/0+1/5, one IDE port, 12 USB ports, Realtek ALC889 HD Audio, Marvell 8053 GbE LAN. There are 7 fan connectors onboard with EZ-On (Power) and EZ-Touch (Reset) switches and a Software Debug LED. The BIOS features CMOS Reloaded, Voltage Tuning for Vdimm, Vnb, Vcore, Vsb, VHT, 1MHz FSB frequency tuning and adjustable CPU multiplier, ABS technology system.

LPJR_X58-T3H6_3.jpg

LPJR_X58-T3H6_1.jpg

LPJR_X58-T3H6_2.jpg

TBH, this motherboard is a beast

Damn, just purchased the last component for my LP JR P45 build yesterday! Oh well, it seems that my birthday in February will be happy times.

hell yeah way over 300 i think, atx mobos are in 300's already plus DFI's inflation because they make the only mATX x58 board = even higher.

look at the p45, only matx for p45 and it launched in the high 100's.

Currently the least expensive X58 board retails for about $230, but that's without the SLI licensing. So I think we can expect DFI to price this one for about $250.

Not that many or any of the current LGA1366 coolers will fit that damn board and a SFF case.

Look closely, both slots are electrically 16x as well as physically :cool:

And how did you draw that conclusion by looking at pictures of the top of the board? X-ray jpeg eyes or somming?

You can see the metal connector pins running the whole length of BOTH slots, you can see each one shown in the two pictures. They only go halfway on mine.

XRAY eyes indeed :rolleyes:

You can see the metal connector pins running the whole length of BOTH slots, you can see each one shown in the two pictures. They only go halfway on mine.

XRAY eyes indeed :rolleyes:

I'm with lowteckh on this one; how the hell can you see any pins in those pictures?

I see what Meaker is talking about. If you look at the pictures of the P45 you can see that the silver pins for the PCI-E x16 do not run the full length of the slot, while on the X58 you can see that the pins do run the full length, looking at the overhead photo of the board that was posted by Shaun928 you can see that this also applies to the second PCI-E x16 while on the P45 both the PCI-E x16 slots are electrically wired to PCI-E x8.
PCI-Ex8wiring.jpg

PCI-Ex16wiring.jpg

I see what Meaker is talking about. If you look at the pictures of the P45 you can see that the silver pins for the PCI-E x16 do not run the full length of the slot, while on the X58 you can see that the pins do run the full length, looking at the overhead photo of the board that was posted by Shaun928 you can see that this also applies to the second PCI-E x16 while on the P45 both the PCI-E x16 slots are electrically wired to PCI-E x8.

Oh yes, illustrated diagrams do indeed help! Thank you very much for pointing this out. My goggles, they do nothing.

Fair enough.

Inclusion of more fan headers is a plus, but fucking hell, still no eSATA or Firewire? Isn't X58 supportive of what, 10 SATA.

Firewire is getting less and less popular, its probably quite hard to route the Sata from the SB to the backpanel.

36 pci express lanes on a matx board is impressive thinking about it...

You're comparing stock to O/C, where some/many cases have trouble cooling anything that is even mildly O/Ced.

@ Meaker, Well there are many boards that have either or both. I'd rather have like 4 SATA ports on the board and one eSATA at the back - how many cases can even carry 6 drives anyways, heck even 4?

You mean like 2 HDD, 1 SATA DVD, 1 SATA Blue ray.

You're comparing stock to O/C, where some/many cases have trouble cooling anything that is even mildly O/Ced.

@ Meaker, Well there are many boards that have either or both. I'd rather have like 4 SATA ports on the board and one eSATA at the back - how many cases can even carry 6 drives anyways, heck even 4?

Mine will take 6 ;) 5 easily, 6th has to be crammed in the 3-1/2" slot.

I have 4 drives in my computer. All SATA. If my computer had more slots I would fit more drives in there.

It went the way of the dinosaur.

This board is going to be expensive and have 2 x PCI-E video card slots - so use them. What could you possibly want crappy intel onboard for?

that intel microATX dfi board looks awesome. probably get it over the p45 one as i can have a i7 in it :D. wait till the whole she-bang drops in price though ;)

Back