any HX1500i users?

jobert

[H]ard|Gawd
Just trying to finish up my new build here and need a power supply. I can pick up the HX1500i today from Best Buy and just trying to see if anyone has this and what the experience has been. Honestly this thing is very expensive and I hate to spend that much when it's not even the new standard but I can pick this up today and finish my build. I really can't find all that many reviews but I did see a lot of reviews for the HX1000i where people were complaining about a ticking noise so I'm a bit worried that issue may also be on the 1500 version of this power supply.

Just trying to finish up my new build here and need a power supply. I can pick up the HX1500i today from Best Buy and just trying to see if anyone has this and what the experience has been. Honestly this thing is very expensive and I hate to spend that much when it's not even the new standard but I can pick this up today and finish my build. I really can't find all that many reviews but I did see a lot of reviews for the HX1000i where people were complaining about a ticking noise so I'm a bit worried that issue may also be on the 1500 version of this power supply.
For corsair PSU, I ever only own SF450 & 600 series. 1 out 2 of my SF450 sure have weird fan curve so that was the only caveat I experienced regarding Corsair.

Do you happen to find Seasonic PSUs? Their GX gold (compact ATX PSU) and their Prime gold / platinum are more affordable, using all japs caps, and of same / comparable quality to top tier PSU out there.

I have the Seasonic FOCUS GX-1000 watt in my current build which has been fine but I needed something now and Best Buy showed the HX1500i in stock. Nothing is ever easy though and I ordered it for in store pickup and then after 2.5 hours of it "preparing" it went out of stock. I then chose another store and it did the same thing 3 hours later as I was about to pull up at the store. The manager there said neither store can find the item so their stock was just being misreported. I picked up an EVGA GP Series SuperNOVA 1000 watt.

Aha so the new PSU is for new build.
The EVGA Supernova series is a solid choice, possibly better than HX.
AFAIK, the worthy PSU of corsair are SF and RMX/I series.

I have the HX 750i and it has been a workhorse for my 5800X/3080 FTW3 setup. Didn't hear any ticking or weird noises from mine.
I did use it for a day in my 5900X/3080Ti setup when I was moving my stuff around and wanted to use the HX's iCue feature to monitor PSU power output on my iCue Nexus Screen but the 750 was just not enough for my setup.
The PC would shut down during gaming, was probably tripping the OCP.

I have an hx1500i in my rig right now; it's been great; I use this cable below to feed my rtx 4090; it's been great so far.

https://www.amazon.com/Fasgear-Slee...672621802&sprefix=12vhpwr,aps,161&sr=8-3&th=1

I bought it at a weird time when atx 3.0 were not widely available
Honestly, If I were to buy one now, I would buy a full ATX 3.0 like the MSI AI1300p. The HX1500i is apparently an ATX 3.0 PSU but doesn't have the 12vhpwr connector...take that for what it is worth.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well this got a little more interesting. I decided not to even open the EVGA GP Series SuperNOVA as I had a 4080 coming in and did not want to use the adapter. I picked up a Corsair RM1000x and the Corsair 12VHPWR cable from Best Buy then after I put the new pc together, Best Buy had the MSI MPG A1000G PCIE 5 1000 Watt available.

So the plan is to try the RM1000x for a couple weeks and if no issues just keep it and not worry about the MSI PSU since I do not feel like swapping power supplies for no reason.

Assuming Corsair doesn't suddenly roll out a full-on ATX 3 PSU in the next 2 months, I'll probably buy one of these.

Back